Question on weber carbs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am running a 32/36 on my 2F. I had to replace my fuel pump because it started leaking. Now I have too much gas to the carb. I need to re-install my regulator. What pressure am I supposed to have coming to the carb?

thanks

Ryan

Morse_FJ40 said:
I am running a 32/36 on my 2F. I had to replace my fuel pump because it started leaking. Now I have too much gas to the carb. I need to re-install my regulator. What pressure am I supposed to have coming to the carb?

thanks
Ryan

I think 5psi works well with tthe 32/36.

My 38DGAS requires 2-3 PSI or so they claim. I installed pressure reg @ 3PSI setting and truck was bucking at high revs due to fuel starvation. Turned up regulator to 5 PSI setting and still bucking. Removed reg and no issues.

This was a brand new regulator so I assumed I just don't need it. No issues at all on mine without using one. However, tech guy I talked to at a shop who only serviced Webers said I should be using one. Go figure.

AndrewT

the 38 weber we installed had a return line fitting ala original carb so no need for a reg. i know this is useless info if not the same set up, but redline i believe says 3-5#. looks like i am just paddding doesnt it? jim

i run the same set up; no need of a regulator. I did have to play a lot with different jets to get the truck to run fine at all times. should of bought a 38/38; runs fine now.

As long as you are running a stock fuel pump and not a pump designed for EFI applications it shouldn't matter. Carbs will work well over a pretty broad range of nlet pressure because the float and needle valve determines the fuel level, not the inlet pressure. 32/36 is smaller than the stock Aisin and is more commonly used on 22R 4 bangers.

i just in stalled a weber 38/38 on my 83 60 with a regulator set to 2 1/2 and a visible in line filter. It ran fine the first day then after that stater to lurch and buck at high rpms. when i looked at my filter at idle it was full of gas but when I rev it , the filter just drains and dosent refill unless you let it idle.

The 38/38 has a geared throttle connection betwen the two barrels. The 32/36 has a metal rod linking the two barrels

THis thread got me thinking. my cruiser idels fine, and its using a 32/36...... sometimes at high pm driving along it bucks and lurches and if I press the clutch in, it goes to idle. last time it died. like it was not getting gas. It doesn't have a regulator , but it does have a clear fuel filter so I'l check. but could flooding cause the bucking too.

I run a 32/36 with regulator set to 3psi on my F.5 bored .40 over. I did order the high altitude jetting kit to even out the idle and on road stumbles, misses and farting.

I have a 32/36 weber, tried a regulator ran like crap. 86 the regulator and it runs fine with out it.

i just in stalled a weber 38/38 on my 83 60 with a regulator set to 2 1/2 and a visible in line filter. It ran fine the first day then after that stater to lurch and buck at high rpms. when i looked at my filter at idle it was full of gas but when I rev it , the filter just drains and dosent refill unless you let it idle.

Your issue sounds like fuel starvation due to a plugged up tank or restriction on intake side of fuel pump.

I have a 38/38 with a regulator set at 3.5 with a stock fuel pump and it runs like a champ. No problems at higher rpm's.

Weber 32/36 new kyosan pump new fuel lines and a holley low press regulator. Pressure was below 1lb psi at best and would often drop to 0 and starve. Took out the regulator and it's been running great at a steady 3.5 psi. I did have to go up on the jet size.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom