original 40's toyota trailer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
bj44.wordpress.com
just stumbled upon these pics at a Philippines trading site..
seller claims it to be an original toyota trailer.. looks nice, also nice idea if you have a tub left, some handy skills and in need for a BJ/FJ40's matching trailer.. ;)
2jpgbf.jpg
3jpgwj.jpg
5jpgjy.jpg

I have never heard of an original fj40 trailer.....maybe as in original as one of a kinda thing that he made maybe.. buts it looks sweet.

haha yeah just my thought as well, and after looking several times at the pics it looks like they welded a plate in the former tailgate part... probably like i just mentioned, a reused bodypart transformed to a trailer..

well i hope i inspired at least 1 or 2... :)

Hey johhny c, that's cool! I like the caption " Toyota weapons" in the ad , and known production #'s or years

as you can see production definatly went into the 1960's...this being the 1205th one made

from what i can tell production started sometime after the original procurement for the "National Police Reserve Force" maybe 52-54? original order made no mention of trailers

alil more history:
as for "weapons carrier"...Toyota was making them all the way back into WWII as the KB and KC trucks...at the time of the order by the NPRF they were using the BX (08/01/1951 2wd) and then BQ (09/1952 4x4 truck) as the weapons carrier the BQ would then become our better known weapons carrier ...the FQ10 and FQ15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom