H41 Transmission (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Can anyone point me in the direction of a H41 transmission for my 40 with the low ratio gearing. Even if someone could tell me what vintage, country and type of cruiser had them from the factory I could look for it that way. Thanks for the help guys. I am also interested in possibly a 3spd transfer case to marry to the H41. Has anyone out there taken this route. What should I expect to encounter if I go down that road. Any suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a H41 transmission for my 40 with the low ratio gearing. Even if someone could tell me what vintage, country and type of cruiser had them from the factory I could look for it that way. Thanks for the help guys. I am also interested in possibly a 3spd transfer case to marry to the H41. Has anyone out there taken this route. What should I expect to encounter if I go down that road. Any suggestions/opinions are greatly appreciated.

Well, it would help if you'd put your location under your user name. Most non-USA 4 speeds were the H41. You can find them in Aus, NZ and South America. Or, if you're in the US, they occasionally come up for sale. You can also get them from places like SOR - Specter Off-Road Land Cruiser Parts - Page 062 Land Cruiser 4 speed Transmission <--- link - and possibly a few other vendors if they have them in stock.

As far as the 3 speed T/C to 4 speed tranny, it is well documented on this site. Basically, you need to get the spacer and conversion gear. You can get these from several vendors such as Marks Off Road - http://www.marksoffroad.net/1specials/1specials.html <--- link - scroll down to #7.

Good luck!

:cheers:

I have an H-41 sitting on a shelf in my garage. Have been intending to sell it for a couple of years but never got around to listing. Came from SOR. It's this one...has the 19 spline output shaft, so it's only compatible with 80-85 FJ40's and 60's. No top plate or shift lever, and no transfer case.

062-01K-CL-U
4 Speed Transmission-
USED-Non-USA Compound Low-Fits 8/80-4/85 FJ40 & FJ60-Lower first gear 4.95:1-Transmissions are sold without shift lever and top plate-These units have been inspected-All bearings, gears and shafts have been inspected-These units are USED, take outs, not rebuilt-NO CORE deposit required-UPSable approx 150 lbs-Specter recommends #062-57 replacement seal and #062-60 gasket set for installation, order separately-No return on USED Parts - Club SOR Price is $ 684.50 Click here for info about Joining Club SOR or Click here if you are already a Club SOR Member (An Additional Handling Charge of $30.00 is already included in the shown price)
$800.00

You can also check with cruiserparts.net they are in NH. And the local club Yankee Toys. PM me if you want more info.

I bought mine from Spector and have been very happy with it. If you join their club and wait for the semi-annual sales (usually June and December) you can get a substantial discount.

PUt an add on kijiji canada , you might get lucky and find one, but shipping will be $150- $200 . I shiped one to the US last winter.
How about sm420 , 465?

The H41 can easily be mated to the 3 speed transfer case. There is little difference in the gears though you cannot mix and match any gears you can change the output shaft if you need a 16 spline instead of a 19 spline shaft. I have an H41 and three speed transfer case in my '55. There are some pics of the teardown and rebuild here https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-...potm-cruiser-guy-guatemala-4.html#post2797247

A fellow in Costa Rica had an earlier model 4 speed that had an even lower ratio than the H41 but parts for that one would be hard to source. H41's are easy to find in Central America. There were never, to my knowledge, available in Canada or the USA.

I bought mine from Spector and have been very happy with it. If you join their club and wait for the semi-annual sales (usually June and December) you can get a substantial discount.

WHAT? Wish I'd known you wanted an H-41. I'd have sold you mine at the special cousin discount price. ;)

And even delivered. I probably travel within 25 miles of your house every time I drive to OKC. Unless of course you needed a 16 spline output shaft.

Just curious, how much did SOR stiff you for shipping and handling?

:cheers:

The H41 can easily be mated to the 3 speed transfer case. There is little difference in the gears though you cannot mix and match any gears you can change the output shaft if you need a 16 spline instead of a 19 spline shaft. I have an H41 and three speed transfer case in my '55. There are some pics of the teardown and rebuild here https://forum.ih8mud.com/fj55-iron-...potm-cruiser-guy-guatemala-4.html#post2797247

A fellow in Costa Rica had an earlier model 4 speed that had an even lower ratio than the H41 but parts for that one would be hard to source. H41's are easy to find in Central America. There were never, to my knowledge, available in Canada or the USA.

Lots of these in Central America. I run one. If you go to the dealership to get a look at the diagram and they have trouble have them look under the Other or General market tabs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom