Will these solenoids work w/ a 8274? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought these from a local golf cart supply house to replace my solenoids on my 8274. They are White-Rodger model #: 70-111224, 12V SPNO 80amp-continuous 400-Inrush continuous duty cycle. Do you think they will work? These solenoids do not ground out through the case attachment so I will have to have a ground cable to ground them, that is one difference I see. Either that or the fee that mount to the case have rubber boots on them that I could take off, I bet that would ground them out.

DC Power Contactors

solenoid.jpg

nick

Last edited:
According the WARN website this winch motor pulls 55 amps in a no-load scenario, almost 200 amps at 2000 pounds and 450 amps at 8000 pounds.

I would say they are not properly rated/sized for your intended use, and there is no way I would install them on my winch.

I have been witness to on more than one occasion, the results of this winch not having the correctly rated continuous-duty solenoids installed. Not being able to control your winch, read, stop it when you let off the controller is not a desirable scenario and will cause serious damage to people and equipment.

According the WARN website this winch motor pulls 55 amps in a no-load scenario, almost 200 amps at 2000 pounds and 450 amps at 8000 pounds.

I would say they are not properly rated/sized for your intended use, and there is no way I would install them on my winch.

I have been witness to on more than one occasion, the results of this winch not having the correctly rated continuous-duty solenoids installed. Not being able to control your winch, read, stop it when you let off the controller is not a desirable scenario and will cause serious damage to people and equipment.

Ok thanks poser, thats the exact info I was looking for. I'm going to look for a solenoid that will work with this winch. I've been reading about the albright contactors. We'll see. Thanks.

Nick

I use ALBright controllers on my BJ75 (8274) and LJ77 (XD9000) and they work fine a friend has Albnright in his XD9000 and also swear by it. Mine have been in 3+ years in the BJ75 and done a lot of winching some of it very hard long pulls.

Nick its been quite some time since this post ...however...there is a great place a few hours from ya in TX for winch parts....they are called Pierce Winch

give them a call they have a great tech and customer service

Pierce Sales - Home of Pierce Winches

Thanks for the info. I ended up just buying an entire new control pack which included the new style of warn solenoids. I tried the solenoids I posted above, but they didn't work so well. I feel much better now that I have OEM stuff in there.

Nick

Thanks for the info. I ended up just buying an entire new control pack which included the new style of warn solenoids. I tried the solenoids I posted above, but they didn't work so well. I feel much better now that I have OEM stuff in there.

Nick

Wise choice Nick. Where did you order Warn parts from?

Thanks,
Charles

Charles,
I called probably 10 different Warn authorized service centers and this one had the best prices by far (usually about 20% - 30% less than others). Fast shipping and very helpful on the phone.

Dealers Truck Supply
6601 I-30
Little Rock, AR 72209
800-568-9006

Nick

Wise choice Nick. Where did you order Warn parts from?

Thanks,
Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom