"Camping finds" from Yard sales/flea markets, etc. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i thought it would be fun to list our camping finds , that were aquired though yard sales. estate sales/ flea markets, etc. ........or sitting in the trash beside the road............:D:D

i went to a yard sale, and bought a "BUG OUT GEAR" back pack yesterday for 4 dolllars:D, in dune beige:doh:.....the guy had just got back from Iraq.....what a fine made pack, this thing has tons of pockets.

http://www.cuttingedgetactical.com/bugout7016longrangebugout.aspx

and i got a "Blitz jerry can" today for 5 bucks....http://www.amazon.com/Blitz-31710-compliant-metal-Jerry/dp/B0007M42QE.like new.....pic's to follow.............got love a yard sale....:cheers::beer: ( why are these can so HIGH????)

also got a couple of cool water jugs w/ spigots for camping for .50 cents each.:clap:

Last edited:
ya, picked up a 5c cast iron skillet, 2ea blue enamelwear 10" plates n bowls, plus a stuffy for the dogs: $25. A buddy hooked me up w/ the pitcher: if CLR don't clean it up I'll use it as wood-stove humidifire.

yes, I know I could buy the blue stuff at Wallyworld, but I like to think that this has a story behind it. For example: I'd never heard of Wagnerwear: it's lighter than Lodge, and allegedly older as a company American Culinary

paid $5 for a used Blitz once, pita to pour w/o the spout, gave it to my BIL, who's supposed to be keeping an eye out for same.
DSC04818.jpg
DSC04821.jpg
DSC04822.jpg

Last edited:
Cast iron griddle
Handy Man Jack
Hi-Lift jack
Propane catalytic heater
Propane two burner Coleman stove.
Ammo cans
All under $5 ea.:eek:

And that was just last summer:lol:

Camping is one of those activities people get enthusiastic about and gear up for then they fade away. A couple of years later you can buy their almost new gear at a fraction of the original cost.

Those are some great finds!

A group of us spend the whole year searching yard sales and thrift stores for 70's era camping gear for the Relic Run each year, its amazing the type of stuff that shows up :cool:

Found that nice Coleman stove, someone did put it outside for scrapmetal collectors.:eek:

Coleman%20Kocher%20001.jpg

The ignitor was included!:D

Coleman%20Kocher%20007.jpg

Coleman%20Kocher%20005.jpg

Got 4 excellent Camping chairs the same way :lol:

Found that nice Coleman stove, someone did put it outside for s****metal collectors.:eek:

The ignitor was included!:D

Coleman%20Kocher%20007.jpg

Coleman%20Kocher%20005.jpg

That uses white gas right? Pretty cool setup, Been looking for one of those as well, so I don't have to pack a propane bottle.

ya, picked up a 5c cast iron skillet, 2ea blue enamelwear 10" plates n bowls, plus a stuffy for the dogs: $25. A buddy hooked me up w/ the pitcher: if CLR don't clean it up I'll use it as wood-stove humidifire.

yes, I know I could buy the blue stuff at Wallyworld, but I like to think that this has a story behind it. For example: I'd never heard of Wagnerwear: it's lighter than Lodge, and allegedly older as a company American Culinary

paid $5 for a used Blitz once, pita to pour w/o the spout, gave it to my BIL, who's supposed to be keeping an eye out for same.

Wagner is one of the better cast iron skillets IMHO!! Keep it seasoned and you will love it. We also one of ours to make home made pizza's in the oven.

Wagner is one of the better cast iron skillets IMHO!! Keep it seasoned and you will love it. We also one of ours to make home made pizza's in the oven.

Receipe please, or linky if you've already posted it... I could definately see some deep dish in my future. I was thinking breakfast burrito fixings when I bought it... Omelet de Neuveo Mehico. :idea:

Found that nice Coleman stove, someone did put it outside for scrapmetal collectors.:eek:

Great score. Now I feel bad for trying to rehab a Coleman 2 burner and finding that parts cost more than a new stove.

Great score. Now I feel bad for trying to rehab a Coleman 2 burner and finding that parts cost more than a new stove.

Where are you buying? We have a local shop that carries a good variety of early Coleman parts, globes, generators, caps, gaskets, etc. However when I've needed something they don't have I've used OldColemanParts.com, great guy that knows everything about old Coleman appliances.

Wagner is the good cast iton................good score......

also the old coleman stove is nice, good find for sure.

Where are you buying? We have a local shop that carries a good variety of early Coleman parts, globes, generators, caps, gaskets, etc. However when I've needed something they don't have I've used OldColemanParts.com, great guy that knows everything about old Coleman appliances.

Didn't buy the Coleman, found it while cleaning out PO's unused stuff, a few years back. But thanks for the linky, I'm sure it'll see use, if not from me.

Did pay small money for the Wagner in Mancos: prices at the antique store seemed fair overall.

did find a Yakima Rocket Box, blk, for 175 (grumpy about closing), 1.5hr away...

picked up a grillin basket for 5o cents for veggies , and a kingsford charcoal chimney for 2 dollars at a estate sale this weekend............:hillbilly:

a couple weeks ago got the "limited edition harvest gold " porta potty" new made back in the 70's for a dollar.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I picked up the same model stove at Twin City Surplus for $15.
I like your price better. ;)

Coleman also sells replacement parts for their equipment. They have a web site with full drawings and exploded parts diagrams.

Coleman also sells replacement parts for their equipment. They have a web site with full drawings and exploded parts diagrams.

wanted more for replacement kit than a new stove cost... trying to reduce my collector items.

I just ordered new spigots and vents for two Coleman water jugs. Total cost was about $10 and the jugs are just like new. The lowest cost I found to replace the jugs was $13 each at Wally World.

Service was great and ordering was easy.

wanted more for replacement kit than a new stove cost... trying to reduce my collector items.

The generator on one of my single stoves needed replacing. Went to the Coleman outlet near me, somthing like $10 for generator or $17 for a refurb stove on sale.

I picked up a Kelty external frame back pack and Thermarest pad for $10 at one garage sale today. At the next stop I picked up a butane backpacking stove for $2, when I asked if they had any Coleman stoves or lanterns they GAVE me two gallons of Coleman fuel. I don't think either one has ever been opened.

Not camping related but I also picked up a set of real sheep skin seat covers for $10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom