Headlight wire harness FJ60 and FJ62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have considered doing that--including all the parts for each option, but that would drive the final cost up for each option except for the completed deluxe harness option of course. I'd have to figure out what to charge for that.

I'm still interested in this option, but am confused about what drive up final costs for each option means...

Are you still considering creating a kit like this?

I'm still interested in this option, but am confused about what drive up final costs for each option means...

Are you still considering creating a kit like this?

I haven't totally ruled it out, but I have been too busy to pursue it right now. By drive up the cost, I mean if I purchase all the parts and assemble them into a kit and pay for shipping, etc, I would have to add some to the price to cover my time, and so forth, which would make it more expensive for you than if I just told you where to purchase the parts and how long to cut the wires, etc. If things slow down a little bit, I may revisit this, but so far nearly all the interest is in the finished product. It appears most folks are not that inclined to take on big wiring projects.

Do you know if the system would work on a 92 pickup? My room mate just bought one and wants to up grade to the Hella H4 lamps and possibly this harness with some off road lights.I'm not sure of the headlight switch but I would assume it is similar to the FJ60. Right now, on my Fj60, I'm running the head light switch off a 87 4Runner and it bolted and plugged right up. I did this with the windshield wiper switch as well so I could have the variable delay times.

I don't know the answer to that. Perhaps if one of you could email me the headlight schematic I could get a better idea. If the 92 pickup is like the 92 Landcruiser, then the headlight circuit and connectors are different. Would also need a couple of pics of the headlight plugs for wire positions in the plugs. It could be done, but I would want to do my homework before I built one for him. I would rather not sell one than sell one that didn't work.

Ill try to pull up a head light schematic but I know its different from a 92 land cruiser because it uses the H4 type lamp. I think it would be the same as the FJ60 but I will see what I can find out.

I think it ('92 pickup) would be the same as the FJ60 but I will see what I can find out.

Did you figure this out? SLC, when you say the kit for the 62 is wired for H4 lamps, do you mean that the have the three prong female connectors? I'm currently running IPF replacements with two to three prong adapters.

Yes, my harnesses are built with 3 prong H4 female connectors that plug onto the H4 and H1 headlights. The pattern looks like this: | __ |. No adapter is needed for H4 and H1 upgrade headlights. Two adapters would be needed for stock sealed beam Hi/Lo headlights. And I never received a schematic for the pickup, so I don't know what the similarities or differences are between the pickup and the fj60.

I was looking at the pick up diagram and it appears that the lights are switched from high to low beams on the ground side through the switch. I didn't look at a FJ60 diagram but I will see what I can find.

Toyota switches the ground in the headlight circuit on the FJ60 and FJ62. So if that is how the pickup headlight circuit also works, then that is a good thing. I have an FJ60 diagram, so if you can send me a pickup diagram that would be a big help.

Last edited:
Slcfj62:

I have an 87’ FJ60. About two years ago, I upgraded the headlights with Hella replacements. However, I lost the invoice for the purchase and I don’t know the model number of my replacement headlights. Would you need that information from me in order to order a replacement wiring harness for my headlights? Also, would I get a discount if I also order an Ultimate Harness/Relay for my 60? Finally, does it make any difference in the harness configuration if I have a duel battery setup? (Could you PM me a price for everything, including shipping to 91105, as well?) :hmm:

H.S.M.

FJ60 stock headlights are in H4 configuration, so any headlights that work with your stock wiring harness will work with my harness. FJ62s are a different story, but it looks like your question is for an FJ60. I'm not sure I understand your question about requesting a discount. Shipping is $10 anywhere in the US. I can fit two harnesses in a shipping box, so if you order two, you would save one shipping charge. The price for an Ultimate Harness for an FJ60 is $165 plus the $10 shipping. My harness will make your Hella headlights perk right up!

Thanks for your interest.

EDIT: And I forgot to answer your question about the dual batteries. It won't make any difference. You will connect the positive lead of the harness to your primary battery. For an FJ62, I would use a 90 degree connector for the headlight in front of the second battery, but for an FJ60, the connectors are the same either way.

Last edited:
Great Wiring Harness

I got my harness within two days of emailing. It came with one of the aux relays wired to the high beam switch - just like I wanted. Clean and quick install. Very high quality materials and construction and a great seller to boot. My stock sealed beams are much brighter- now I just need to get some real headlights. Pics attached.
Wiring Harness 1.jpg
Wiring Harness 2.jpg

For something that might help with better contact at the connectors over the long run, these ones would be a great idea. I was planning on using them when I redo my headlight harness if I can fine 'em in a 90-degree variety since I want to use 90-degree ceramic connectors on my H4s.

Terminal-8 Pcs-Ron Francis Wiring

Erik, can any of your harnesses be used on or adapted to a late (1980) 40?

Ok, I got my ultimate Harness installed and it is awesome. In fact, Erik delivered it in person to me enroute to a family trip, something I would never expect.

I installed it with the adapters provided on my stock sealed beams (Temporarily) and it made a huge difference even on those.

I did have a question though for Erik or anyone else with the harness.

The H1 uses a single tab while the H4 uses 3 tabs. The connectors for the high beams will accept a 3 tab setup. What am I missing here?

NEVERMIND, answered my own question.

Last edited:
Erik, can any of your harnesses be used on or adapted to a late (1980) 40?

None of the current harnesses can be adapted. The FJ40's use switched 12 volts for the headlights, unlike the 60 series which uses switched ground. I have designed an FJ40 harness with the intention that when things slow down a little with the 60 series harnesses I will also build FJ40 harnesses. Well, things haven't slowed down yet with the 60 series, so I keep postponing building the FJ40 prototype. I don't have a time frame for anything yet. I don't have enough bandwidth right now to also start building FJ40 harnesses. So maybe in the future a little ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom