Woodward fab bender (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with the woodward fab bender they have at Summit. Its similar to the JD2 model 3 and about the same price. The only advantage that the woodward fab unit has on the JD2 for me is there is a Summit racing store 10 min from my house. However, if its a piece of crap...

Thanks for any input!

Keith

I recently bought this bender from Summit and used it to bend some pieces for my cage. The pointer for the degree wheel sucked. It was flexible coolant tubing with one end ground to a point. Also I felt that the degree wheel was off. I would have to go to around the 93 deg mark to get a 90 deg bend. Now some of this could have been due to the tube springing back a little, play between the tube and components somewhere, or that I was completely using the bender wrong. It also didn't come with directions on how to actually use the bender. I think the more I use it the better I will get a feel for what is needed to get the correct bend.

Thats a JD Squared bender.

REALLY!?!?!?!?
So JF2 manufactures those for Woodward fab? That is good to know.
As I stated, there is a Summit here in town, so the dies are just a short drive away.

Thanks for that info.

IIRC, in benders there is always a little play in the set up that you have to get used to. As Im to understand it, you have to pull the handle till it starts to get tension, then base your measurement/ degree off of THAT. So if you are at 0* when you set the piece to be bent in the bender (loosely), you then pull the handle to tighten everything up. From there, you START you degree read...so when you take the "slop" out say it reads 3*...if you wanna bend a 90* angle, you would bend to 93*.
At least that is how I was told with some of these manual benders.

BTW...I think that I x posted this accidentally in a different section on here.:eek:

Thats a fair price, almost anyone will sell you the bender for about that, its the dies and the shipping costs that add up, if you an get dies at a good price with no shipping jump on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom