weber carb problem beaten to death (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know,I know, I did alot of reading in the past two days on the weber carb stalling out on steep climbs threads from "03" to the present. well havnt really come up with a definitive answer, but does anyone in the past ten years come up with a fix for the weber carb. I was doing some great wheeling this past weekend and got denied on numerous obstacles because of stalling at the top of rocks or hills.... Please help. Rick

Lower the float bowl level as much as you can get away with without starving for fuel on a full throttle pass, and do this.

bowlvent.JPG

I don't run a regulator. My truck runs as long as it is not on its lid.

Lower the float bowl level as much as you can get away with without starving for fuel on a full throttle pass, and do this.

bowlvent.JPG

I don't run a regulator. My truck runs as long as it is not on its lid.

I am having this same problem, Can you explain what you did?

thanks,
Tom

I checked out that link "how to make a weber climb a hill", my vents look different, I want to make sure I block the right ones, suggestions?
0623101826-00.jpg

I sealed the two vent holes in the float bowl, I am going to drill a hole in the vent tube that goes left to right and drain any overflow out, thoughts?

well now looking at the picture I posted, its the vent tube from the center to the lower right.

You do have you Weber mounted with the fuel inlet at the front, right? It is a front pivot float and on an incline will stop fuel from entering the float bowl unless you have it on backwards. I had a Weber on my 2F, never skipped a beat, and one on my mini, also never flooded or stalled and that was without any modifications at all.

You do have you Weber mounted with the fuel inlet at the front, right? It is a front pivot float and on an incline will stop fuel from entering the float bowl unless you have it on backwards. I had a Weber on my 2F, never skipped a beat, and one on my mini, also never flooded or stalled and that was without any modifications at all.

Yes front right towards the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom