FJ40 Aux Fuel Tank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Scott68FJ40

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.myblueheaven.com
I bought this tank in pretty much the shape it is in. I had started to clean it up, but kept getting side tracked and never finished, it has been sitting in my garage for way to long and could use a good home. As you can see from the pictures, it has some surface rust but it seems solid and should boil out nicely. This one has 4 holes through the whole thing that I believe were used for mounting. These have old bolts that appear to be welded in. I had always planned to just drill them out, but never got that done either.

I'm at the point now where garage space is more important than having a fairly large cruiser part laying around that will still take me a long time to get to doing anything with. I would rather see this thing get a decent home.

I would like to get $100 for it and really would like to avoid shipping as it is big and heavy. I would be happy to work with someone though to get it done via mudship. I am located in Chandler, AZ, in the Phoenix area.
AuxTank-2.jpg
AuxTank-9.jpg
AuxTank-10.jpg

The dark stain on the side is from some gear oil leaking out of a spare axle when we moved to Chandler from Tucson. To the best of my knowledge this tank doesn't leak. :)

Bump. Willing to entertain offers as well.

Bump. Dropping price to $75. I would really like to get this out of my garage.

Woods, for $75 I can probably get a pickup.

Do you have the straps?

No straps, just the tank. Basically what you see in the pic. Airon23 is first in line, but if we can't make arrangements for shipping, Mace is second.

Those tanks didn't use straps. They had huge lengths of threadall that ran through them and through the rear floor and it bolted into the floor.

Those tanks didn't use straps. They had huge lengths of threadall that ran through them and through the rear floor and it bolted into the floor.

pic???

Mace (Jason) is gonna ask you about dropping off this tank in Carefree - you can talk to me directly about how you want to be paid... The tank is for my FJ-40.
Regards
Chris Mace

Yeah, I would really like to see some pics of this bad boy installed, as I have the exact same tank, and am currenlty having it cleaned up to install.

those do have straps... I have the same with straps and filler neck and sending unit.

scrappdaddy..

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom