Builds Silver Bullet - BJ74 Tough Offroad all rounder buildup (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Nice snow photos, I'm looking forward to it again very soon, just need another couple of snow falls.

There still are a few tracks that don't get closed, where you can drive until you get stuck in it, that's why I'm going to put portal axles under my troopy.

The patrol kits around 18 g have marks adat made a cruiser kit yet

Thanks much for sharing your pictures. Where were the snow photos taken? About 20 years ago I left California in the middle of July (temp about 45 degrees C), and found myself in the middle of winter in the Grampians where there was snow on the ground with 0 degrees C temps.

Really like your build on your 74...

All the photos are in the Victorian High Country, around Mt Buller, Sterling and up near the Bluff hut.

There still are a few tracks that don't get closed, where you can drive until you get stuck in it, that's why I'm going to put portal axles under my troopy.

Do you know any tracks down my way that are open during the snow season? We are looking at going up Mt Skene and Mt Sunday too this year, need to be a 4wd club member though now.

Bugger! Since installing my new clutch booster I have screwed up the clutch pedal travel adjustment. Reasonably long clutch pedel with engagement right at the top. Clutch slave is now leaking :rolleyes: Hope I can get a new one at a reasonable price.

Do you know any tracks down my way that are open during the snow season? We are looking at going up Mt Skene and Mt Sunday too this year, need to be a 4wd club member though now.

Yes, there are a couple that I have my eye on, but am very hesitant to discuss them in public, or with other 4WDers, as I don't want to see them tracked out and trashed, and possibly therefore closed, before I get a chance to use them for my purposes.

Do you have heavy duty off road style chains for all 4 wheels?

Last edited:
On some up coming notes the Bullet has been in the garage, wont be out for a couple more weeks.

I have installed a better stereo system, an amp and subwoofer.

Currently installing some sliders, re-routing the exhaust and upgrading to a 3'' system. Having a go at fitting my barrel intercooler. I think I will be able to do it buy rotating my turbine housing and cutting the bonnet maybe. Also going to relocate my EGT sensor to pre-turbo.

The other news it last night I bought a Tigerz11 10000lb competition Fast recovery low mount winch.

Tigerz11.com.au

This is a comparison of the line speeds to a standard Warn highmount 8000lbs.

No load speed is not quite as fast, but everywhere else is very good.

FT/MIN ...... TIGERZ11 .................... HIGHMOUNT
NO LOAD....... 49.8 ................................ 73.4
2000LB ......... 31.2 ................................22
4000LB ......... 22.6 ................................12
6000LB ......... 18....................................9.5
8000LB ......... 14.4................................ 6.1
10000LB........ 10.5.................................

Where are you going to re-route the exhaust?

I'd like to get it all inside the chassis rails if i could...

I have a 3 inch pipe inside the frame rail between the frame and the transfer case - no probs.

Thats where mine will be running too, plenty of room. I have a 1'' body lift (could do it without). The big change was getting rid of the vacuum transfer case that took up all the room. With the manual case I have plenty of room for the pipe.

Couple crappy photos, passenger side slider is on. Exhaust is coming off. Pic of the drivers side slider, the front mount goes into the body mount. Last one is of my new winch, JUST fits in, very long on the motor side.

Picture.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Hey mate how did you stop the inside of your rear 35s rubbing on you chassis?

how does the Tiger pull compared to a 8274 or a usuall comp modified 8274?

TIger "china " winch?

how does the Tiger pull compared to a 8274 or a usuall comp modified 8274?

TIger "china " winch?

Yes it is a Chinese made winch.

Compared to a standard 4.6hp Highmount it is faster under load, nearly twice as fast at high loads. I do not have any figures on a highmount with a 6hp motor which is a pretty standard mod here.

Highmount Warn Gear ratio Spur Gear 134:1, 4.6hp motor
Tigerz11 10000lbs Gear ratio 3 stage planetary 138.8 6.6hp motor.

If the highmount was fitted with a 6hp motor I imagine the linespeeds would be up to about the same as the tigerz11.

There are a few reasons why I went the low mount Tigerz11 over the Warn Highmount. A second hand highmount is around $1000, then I pretty much need to upgrade to a 6hp motor, fit oil drains and braces, drill and tap the brake shaft etc. So probably around $2500 with wire rope. They are a good winch, but more work and maintenance and $$$ than I want. The tigerz11, $999.00 with Dyneema rope and hawse. Good speed, no further mods required, new with 3 year warranty reasonably well built with sealing of the gearbox, motor and solenoid contactor, which also has a remote control. It also uses a electromagnetic brake instead of the usual warn style cone in drum brake.

For the $$$ its worth a try I reckon.

Yes it is a Chinese made winch.

Compared to a standard 4.6hp Highmount it is faster under load, nearly twice as fast at high loads. I do not have any figures on a highmount with a 6hp motor which is a pretty standard mod here.

Highmount Warn Gear ratio Spur Gear 134:1, 4.6hp motor
Tigerz11 10000lbs Gear ratio 3 stage planetary 138.8 6.6hp motor.

If the highmount was fitted with a 6hp motor I imagine the linespeeds would be up to about the same as the tigerz11.

There are a few reasons why I went the low mount Tigerz11 over the Warn Highmount. A second hand highmount is around $1000, then I pretty much need to upgrade to a 6hp motor, fit oil drains and braces, drill and tap the brake shaft etc. So probably around $2500 with wire rope. They are a good winch, but more work and maintenance and $$$ than I want. The tigerz11, $999.00 with Dyneema rope and hawse. Good speed, no further mods required, new with 3 year warranty reasonably well built with sealing of the gearbox, motor and solenoid contactor, which also has a remote control. It also uses a electromagnetic brake instead of the usual warn style cone in drum brake.

For the $$$ its worth a try I reckon.

Thanks HULSTY for the explanation :clap:

...now just need to see the TIGERZ11 reliability compared to Warn 8274 ;)

Finalised the location of my barrel intercooler, I am very pleased with how it fits. The stock inlet manifold follow the angle of the cooler too. I only have a 1'' body lift, I can just get the bonnet to close with a little push, 2'' body lift and it would be sweet. I am going to remove the bonnet rib that interfers and hopefully it will clear.

Picture032-1.jpg

Picture033-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom