2010 Cruiser Crawl (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

wngrog

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.seeandeatms.com
So......if I were to say "Meh...." to the food that we have planned for the Crawl...

a) Would I officially be volunteering to be in charge of the food?

b) Would anyone care if I looked into viable alternatives to fried fish?

c) Have we committed to anything already?

d) Is is October yet?

So......if I were to say "Meh...." to the food that we have planned for the Crawl...

d) Is is October yet?

The answer to d. is no. All other questions are above my pay grade.

d) Is is October yet?

Nolen, the BOD is meeting next week to start planing for the crawl. Give us a week and we'll have some direction for you. No, there is no commitment.

Guys, I am going to be in HS for another
week or two. Want me to look into anything?

Thanks for the offer Mike. We may holler at you after the BOD meeting early next week.

It is up to the Board. I am just throwing it out there. I think we can do better. I will step up and set it up and be in charge of the raffle dinner if they give me the green light.

It is up to the Board. I am just throwing it out there. I think we can do better. I will step up and set it up and be in charge of the raffle dinner if they give me the green light.

Very cool, thanks for steping up.

Bama mentioned some ideas he had to Chris at the ride last weekend. It's cool to see folks wanting to jump in like that.

After the BOD meeting lemme know what I can do. I would be glad to help also.

Nolen,.....as long as it isn't rat.:)

Guys -

Based on discussions this past weekend...I think folks are ready for everything to be stepped up a notch. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist. I am definitely willing to pitch in additional funds and/or time to make the SCC'10 a spectacular event.

I personally think we definitely need to do/improve on the following:

1. Band
2. Food

Let me know what you need me to do. I have several friends in the restaurant business here that I could talk to about catering and/or event ideas. Also, for the raffle...let me know when to start pressing businesses for goodies and who we can reach out to.

I would also like to add that I have a friend that is working for New Belgium Brewery and I am seeing what options may be available there.

Cheers.

- Mark

Guys -

Based on discussions this past weekend...I think folks are ready for everything to be stepped up a notch. Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to assist. I am definitely willing to pitch in additional funds and/or time to make the SCC'10 a spectacular event.

I personally think we definitely need to do/improve on the following:

1. Band
2. Food

Let me know what you need me to do. I have several friends in the restaurant business here that I could talk to about catering and/or event ideas. Also, for the raffle...let me know when to start pressing businesses for goodies and who we can reach out to.

I would also like to add that I have a friend that is working for New Belgium Brewery and I am seeing what options may be available there.

Cheers.

- Mark

you make this happen and you will have no other duties....

I met somebody that had a whole hog
cooked in a pit on site recently here in hot springs.
Just throwing that out there.

If you get the New Belgium thing done and the Fat Tire is flowing, then somebody gonna hafta help me back to my tent.

That's the kind of meal I am talking about.....

If you get the New Belgium thing done and the Fat Tire is flowing, then somebody gonna hafta help me back to my tent.

I bet they'll hafta "get off yur land" also??

Glad to see mo members want to chip in. The love is spreading..

Coom bah yah, coom bah ya.. come on everybody join in...

The spacing on this post makes it look like a poem. A very tasty poem.

There isn't a hog big enough to feed the entire Cruiser Crawl even if half were Hebrews. If you wanted the "WOW" factor of a whole hog cooked onsite that's cool but I would sure enough plan to have them pre-cook and pull some Boston Butts or Shoulders to add as filler meat. Whole Hogs are fun to do but the problem is that for the same amount of smoker space and about 20% less cook time you can get about 75% more yield with Butts. Oh, and Butts are cheaper too. A lot cheaper. (Insert 12 year old humor here.)

:smokin:

I can line up hogs about $100 or so for a 200lb to 240lb hog about 170lbs hanging weight.

I gots dem connections down here in SE AR.

Also I am down to help with what ever is needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom