Leaf spring / suspension bushes for BJ74 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Where can I buy suspension bushes for a BJ74? What are the part numbers? Where to start.... ARB?

Where n the world are u mate

poly = crap
go with factory original rubber, not cheap but will outlast the poly and won't squeak either. plus, better articulation (rubber moves poly is hard), smoother ride and black looks better than the gaudy colors.

yah, yah, "poly lasts forever, the best stuff out there" give it up, that is steer manure.

Clint79:

Lets just say I am in Dubai, UAE ATM.

crushers:

I totally agree with you. Every 'spare parts' dealer has said exactly the same thing to me.

Now how do I know what I want... I have no part number and the existing bushes have turned into ashes. So I need part numbers and details.

Toyota will have the part numbers on file.
last time i bought them they were $2.40 a half or $4.80 a single full X 12 = $57.60 for a complete set...

Davaa:
x2

I find it easy shopping online. Anyone know any online store for the bushes?

Can't use rubber bushings with greaseable shackles and pins.

~John

Can't use rubber bushings with greaseable shackles and pins.

~John

True, but don't need to grease rubber:) But rubber have to be replaced more often - my rubber bushings are only 3 years old and they are cracking badly, but they are finally "worked in".

hummm, so your rubber is wearing out at 3 years and i have had nylon wear out in two.
i have seen rubber last 300K and nylon wear for 10K...
each to their own but i like rubber...

LOL, I like the rubber - but 300k kms - keep dreaming! They may have been on there for 300k but wore out long ago.

i would have to say it is more the enviroment the bushings are exposed to than the mileage experienced. if all you do is dry highway driving the bushings will last much much much longer than an off road trucks bushings due to the wet and dry and severe twisting force. if yours are gone, i believe it. we both are hard on our trucks. stick those pretty little nylon bushings in and watch them grind down.

i wouldn't say don't run the nylons if they are part of a kit. i would say to buy just the springs and u/bolts and buy the shocks and busings seperately. downside is the cost. a kit is complete and relatively cheap. buy parts seperately can come close to doubling the cost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom