D-Rings on my ARB... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

peytonkristen

SILVER Star
Threads
I bought some D-Rings to put on my ARB bumper a while back. The only problem is that ARB doesn't provide a good mount on their bumper for D-Rings. The mount is not wide enough to allow them to hang straight and not rattle so needless to say, when I put them on I wasn't happy with how they looked or how they rattled around.

I was trying to figure out how to best solve the problem without having to weld something on the bumper and thought of using a polyurethane bushing. While I was in Dallas I stopped by 4Wheel Parts and just asked if they had any "extra" bushing laying around their shop that were left-over or extras from the many lifts they install? After telling the guy there what I was doing he went to the back and came out with several and put them in a bag. Major Score... for free!

So I used a vise and a hack saw, cut off the narrow end and then had about a 1" bushing left. I cut the bushing in half and installed. They fit perfect now and look great. No more rattling either. Here are some pics... I just love free mods! 1275496570277.jpg

1275496849256.jpg

1275496586401.jpg
1275496570277.jpg
1275496849256.jpg
1275496586401.jpg

I was under the impression that those points on the bumper are for jacking only and not for pulling?

Those are jack mounts. Though it looks cool with rings there they would be toast
if used for recovery. One flaw with the ARB IMHO.

x3

If you attempt to recover from those, keep everyone well clear. And hope that the person doing the pulling doesn't mind holes in his truck when the d-ring goes through it.

Those are jack mounts. Though it looks cool with rings there they would be toast
if used for recovery. One flaw with the ARB IMHO.

Agree, total poser look. If you go wheeling, the shackles will drag on the terra firma, possibility hanging up the rig, also beating, scratching the shackles. If the shackles are used on a strap, the burrs on the shackles will cut fibers on the strap, reducing it's life. My shackles are stored in the recovery bag, with the strap.:hillbilly:

Dang! I didn't know I was going to have to put a dis-claimer on my post..... I guess I should have stated that I was fully aware that the points on the ARB were for lifting and not pulling. And yes, it is a poser look but, there is a reason.

Ya see, before I got my 80, the 40 was an only child. And the 40 got everything it ever wanted or needed. Then came the 80. The 40 was jealous and gave the 80 a hard time.... any time it was parked beside it or near it. Even though the 40 stood taller, had better tires and bumpers, a roll bar, could go topless, and was basically the better, stronger vehicle, it still had issues. The 40 called the 80 "a luxury vehicle"! The 40 ridiculed the 80 about the leather interior and sunroof, amongst all of the other things. So.... in order to help the 80 with its complex that was being put on it by the 40, I decided to help out by getting it some enhancements. (kinda like getting your woman some breast implants to help her ego and of course , yours...)

So the saga began to put some masculinity in the 80 with accessories, a new lift kit, an ARB bumper, winch, etc. But the 40 continued to bash the 80 and one of the issues now was that the 40 had d-rings on its bumper, on either side of the 8274 winch, and the "luxury vehicle" didn't have any. Which brings us up to today and what I thought was a brilliant idea and great way to use some left-over polyurethane bushings to make the bumper aesthetically pleasing to the eye and stop the rattle. So for now, the 80 is pleased and the 40 is slowly running out of things to bash his little brother about.

So there ya have it. Yes it is a "poser" look. And YES it looks AWESOME. If you know the limitations of the setup then there is no problem. If you don't like it, don't do it..... don't look at it. And like I always say..... It's mine and I can wash it as fast as I want to!

Cheers!!! :lol::lol:;);p

Man! I thought that those were for recovery shackels as well! Where do you attacha shackle then?>

Man! I thought that those were for recovery shackels as well! Where do you attacha shackle then?>

On the winch line?

Not sure either, but I do not own an ARB (or any front bumper right now).

On the stock tow hooks that are bolted underneath the frame. That's the reason that arb supplies the metal spacer that goes between one of the frame rails and the arb bumper, to reuse the tow hooks.

Dang! I didn't know I was going to have to put a dis-claimer on my post..... I guess I should have stated that I was fully aware that the points on the ARB were for lifting and not pulling. And yes, it is a poser look but, there is a reason.

Ya see, before I got my 80, the 40 was an only child. And the 40 got everything it ever wanted or needed. Then came the 80. The 40 was jealous and gave the 80 a hard time.... any time it was parked beside it or near it. Even though the 40 stood taller, had better tires and bumpers, a roll bar, could go topless, and was basically the better, stronger vehicle, it still had issues. The 40 called the 80 "a luxury vehicle"! The 40 ridiculed the 80 about the leather interior and sunroof, amongst all of the other things. So.... in order to help the 80 with its complex that was being put on it by the 40, I decided to help out by getting it some enhancements. (kinda like getting your woman some breast implants to help her ego and of course , yours...)

So the saga began to put some masculinity in the 80 with accessories, a new lift kit, an ARB bumper, winch, etc. But the 40 continued to bash the 80 and one of the issues now was that the 40 had d-rings on its bumper, on either side of the 8274 winch, and the "luxury vehicle" didn't have any. Which brings us up to today and what I thought was a brilliant idea and great way to use some left-over polyurethane bushings to make the bumper aesthetically pleasing to the eye and stop the rattle. So for now, the 80 is pleased and the 40 is slowly running out of things to bash his little brother about.

So there ya have it. Yes it is a "poser" look. And YES it looks AWESOME. If you know the limitations of the setup then there is no problem. If you don't like it, don't do it..... don't look at it. And like I always say..... It's mine and I can wash it as fast as I want to!

Cheers!!! :lol::lol:;);p

classic :clap: :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom