Nitto Trail Grappler M/T (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone run these on there truck? If so, can you post pics? Would like to see them........:cheers:

me too!

I have Nitto Terra Grappler 295/75r/16s on my rig. They are old and beat up. What is the M/T stand for? I just looked at Nitto's web and didn't see anything new or special.

Nice tire, thinking of moving to the 315/75/16s this year.

I have Nitto Terra Grappler 295/75r/16s on my rig. They are old and beat up. What is the M/T stand for? I just looked at Nitto's web and didn't see anything new or special.

I guess you know its Mud Terrain = M/T I assume you thought Nitto came out with a new version of the Terra which I am not a tire expert but have only heard of the Terra Grappler in A/T form though Nitto has other SUV tires of course

I have the Nitto Trail Grappler - They only come in a 285-70-16 for the 16" wheel but I think if you need to use your rig as a daily driver with a reasonably quiet ride, its an ideal trade-off to run these for both on and off road. See photos attached....
P1090074.jpg
P1090076.jpg
P1090079.jpg

Those look awesome! Where did you buy them and how much?

I use to make fun of my brother because he had Nittos on his truck. I called them Terrible Gripplers. IMHO, it's a fad. The compound is really soft, but that may be what you want. I'd buy Hankook before even thinking about Nitto. The dynapro m/t's on the 84 FJ60 saved me some shoveling last weekend.

It's about what you want in a tire.

<Those look awesome! Where did you buy them and how much?>

Got them from Frankie's Tires in North Charleston, SC. He didn't have them in stock so I asked how long it would take to get them in. Frankie said "maybe about 20 - 25 minutes or so". Mounted, balanced to perfection and out the door was $1,100 - four corners.

I use to make fun of my brother because he had Nittos on his truck. I called them Terrible Gripplers. IMHO, it's a fad. The compound is really soft, but that may be what you want. I'd buy Hankook before even thinking about Nitto. The dynapro m/t's on the 84 FJ60 saved me some shoveling last weekend.

Which specific Nitto tires are you talking about? The ghey Mud Grapplers on 20" wheels?

I have the Hankook MT's and I'm very pleased with them, they are an inexpensive very aggressive all-terrain. These new Nitto Trail Grapplers look like fantastic tires, and based on my experience with their AT's, will likely be my next tire if they produce a 295.

There is no universal tire, the best tire is determined by terrain, use, etc. If you need a mud tire, no A/T is going to be good. Locally the Terra Grappler has preformed very well.

On the Trail Grapplers, I talked to a Nitto rep, his take: They were designed to take as much "good" characteristics from Terra Grappler as possible and make a tougher, more aggressive tire. A M/T that will ride smooth, quiet, be tough and priced closer to the Terra Grappler than the Mud Grappler. From the couple that I have talked to that are running them, this was successful, they love them.

As with any new tire, it takes a while to make/budget molds for full production in all sizes. It is smart biz to make the first molds in sizes for those who are willing to pay a premium to be the first to have them, poser sizes. From what I hear the plan is to have the Trail Grappler size line mirror the Terra Grappler. Over time the "newness" will wear off, the price will stabilize and more sizes will come available. Based on my Nitto experience, when a 37x12.5 is available, it will be high on my list to replace the Coopers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom