AHC Override in Low mode with AHC lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Ok, I know this topic has been discussed before, but I wasn't able to find the definitive final answer. I'd like to know if a truck with a moderate AHC lift (~1.5" by adjusting the AHC sensors) and the Slee AHC override could be succesfully used in the "Low" mode for everyday driving (which should be close to factory "Normal" mode from before the AHC lift)?

I was just reading on the Slee website that the Low mode is not recommended for full-time driving as there is insufficient shock absorption in this mode. Which makes sense to me in a situation where no AHC lift has been made, because in this circumstance the system would be running with very little suspension fluid.

However with the AHC lift, the "low" mode would be similar to the original "normal" mode in height, which would suggest to me that the system pressures would also be similar to the original "normal" mode, and thus I thought that the suspension might also be expected to work just fine.

I'd love to turn my height control switch to a "normal", "off-road", "off-road-extreme" for high-clearance obstacles. :)

Thoughts?

(I realize that the diff-drop would be a good idea)

Sonk,

I am new to this forum and have only had my LX470 for 6 days. I concure with your thinking. The system will have fluid in it and it should work fine. As soon as my truck sells i will be ordering a box from Slee (among other things)and giving it a try. Post your results if you do it before i do or i will post my results.

TLC Dan( i need to change my that to LLC Dan;))

I inquired about the operation in low/norm/high when I bought my Slee control and was told it holds in the mode you select. I sold my control before I installed it so...

Why did you sell it/not install it?

For what you want, don't adjust the sensors, just keep it at stock height and install the override. An "off-road extreme" mode would be "off-road extreme wheel lifter" mode since there would be no down travel left. Besides, the AHC system already automatically goes into extra high mode when it thinks it's high centered.

For what you want, don't adjust the sensors, just keep it at stock height and install the override. An "off-road extreme" mode would be "off-road extreme wheel lifter" mode since there would be no down travel left. Besides, the AHC system already automatically goes into extra high mode when it thinks it's high centered.

I realize that it would be a wheel lifter in the "extra high" mode, but I've found that on quite many places I'm dragging the belly of the truck because of the relatively poor breakover angle. And I thought that raising it up an inch or two could help on those "selective" times. I can usually see if the hill I'm about to crest will have a very "sharp" top/edge ahead of time, which would allow me to pro-actively engage this mode for short periods.

Am I not thinking it through well?

Why did you sell it/not install it?

I was able to raise the AHC to my desired ride height and clear 35's for ever day driving. Only needed high mode if pushing articulation hard. So I didn't have any use for it...sold!:)

I was able to raise the AHC to my desired ride height and clear 35's for ever day driving. Only needed high mode if pushing articulation hard. So I didn't have any use for it...sold!:)

Got it. How much did you raise your AHC under normal? Is it as high as the "High" mode out of the factory?

Got it. How much did you raise your AHC under normal? Is it as high as the "High" mode out of the factory?

Not sure exactly, I set it up so in high mode I still had a little over an inch of down travel. But I can tell you when in "High" mode I'm 22" center of hub to bottom of fender well. The max measurement is 23.25" with vehicle off ground.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom