FJ60 crank pulley nut (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does anyone know the size of the nut on the crankshaft? My pulley broke and I have to replace it. The problem is that it is about 5 hours away so I can't measure it lol. Thanks in advance.

I do know I had to buy a socket from snap-on ,could not find one else where. mike

It's 46mm IIRC, I think the socket I used was a 3/4" drive 1 15/16" Craftsman with a 3/4"-1/2" adapter. The standard Craftsman socket/adapter combo will probably be easier to find than an actual 46mm socket.

Brad

Thanks for the reply Mike. Do you remember the size of the socket? The main problem is that the vehicle isn't near a town/city with any type of socket store thus I am trying to return prepared with the correct socket size. I should have measured at the time but spaced it.

46mm = 1-13/16"

SK Hand Tool 34096 - 46mm Front Wheel Bearing Retainer Socket - 1/2 Drive Impact

1/2" drive is a little easier to work with since most people don't have 3/4" air tools or ratchets. Also, the 1/2' will fit with the rad and shroud still in there.

Boise, you know there's an aftermarket crank pulley that's avail that's solid and much cheaper than an OEM... You buying used or new ?

My bad... couldn't remember right off hand.

Brad

46mm = 1-13/16"

SK Hand Tool 34096 - 46mm Front Wheel Bearing Retainer Socket - 1/2 Drive Impact

Boise, you know there's an aftermarket crank pulley that's avail that's solid and much cheaper than an OEM... You buying used or new ?

I picked up a used one to at least get me through a little while. I tried to get the aftermarket but the places I tried had it backordered. I've had good luck with the used parts from cruiserparts.net so I'll give it a shot. It also cost about $217 less than the aftermarket part and about $535 less than the toyota part.

I haven't changed a crank pulley before. Is it very difficult?

Thanks for all the info everyone. Much appreciated.

Scott

Start spraying (or have someone spray) the nut with PB Blaster, etc.

Search for threads on using the starter to bust the nut.

You might need a good puller to get that pulley off...

If possible I would befriend the local Toyota folks. I have managed to build a pretty good relationship with the guys at the local Toyota and they have let me borrow a couple of the specialized tools that I have needed....including a 46mm socket for the crank pulley nut on my 60...

If possible I would befriend the local Toyota folks. I have managed to build a pretty good relationship with the guys at the local Toyota and they have let me borrow a couple of the specialized tools that I have needed....including a 46mm socket for the crank pulley nut on my 60...

Where do you live, NeverLand ??

And I don't mean Michael Jackson' old ranch...

:D

Be sure to change the seal while you have it apart.

Dynosoar:zilla:

Where do you live, NeverLand ??

And I don't mean Michael Jackson' old ranch...

:D

small town Colorado. plus we take my wifes new 4Runner there for all of its maintenance so they are pretty nice to us and help out here and there....plus the service manager is a Cruiserhead so that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom