NEEDED! FJ55 Ignition (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I really need an ignition switch and key for my FJ55. I have looked at SOR and they don't have the pre-71 ignition. Does anyone know if I can use the later ignition? Or does anyone have the earlier ignition and switch that I can buy?

I guess it was a faulty ignition switch that killed my starter, it was putting out between 2v-9v when it should have been off, that made the starter engage and stay engaged while the motor was running.

If you have a switch, reply here, or send me a PM please!!

Thanks!
Ryan

A 40 switch works, mine was toast when I got it and put one out of a 40 in (same) check the 40 parting out section. Mine is a 79 and I put a 76 in. I assume yours in in the Colum? or iis it in the dash? Either way just get one out of the same year 40 as your 55.

Mine is on the left hand side of dash. I will have to look around and see what I can find. Thanks for the info. If I can use a 40 switch that would be a good stroke of luck. I haven't been able to find anything for the early 55's

A 40 switch works, mine was toast when I got it and put one out of a 40 in (same) check the 40 parting out section. Mine is a 79 and I put a 76 in. I assume yours in in the Colum? or iis it in the dash? Either way just get one out of the same year 40 as your 55.

I have one, but it doesn't have the key. It just works with any key. Someone forced it past the tumblers at some point.

used to have one...i'll see if i can find it tonight

Thanks all!

I think that we are going to try and go with a marine ignition. Much easier then trying to find a 40 year old part.

Damn 55's LOL

Ryan.

shouldn't you be updating your address in your sig?

I'm headed to Denver for the weekend. Snake River Rugby, a team from Boise, is playing near there for the National Championship and we are going to watch!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom