Grabbed new front seats for the pig...what do you think? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
These aren't EXACTLY them...but darned close. I didn't have a camera on hand to snap photos, but I'm sure y'all will recognize the seats. Any tips on mounting other than what I've seen in some of the older threads? Most people seem to mount them straight into the floor (after cutting out the OEM 'towers' on each side).

Thanks guys/gals!
03silverado_ss10.jpg

You sir are way too considerate of your arse!:D. Those seats have more technology than all of the engineering that went into building these trucks in the first place! Not really sure on the mounting, but are they heated?

Are they gonna say "SS" on them?

My arse was more concerned about the wifey being comfy than anything else:) And yes they are heated.

As for the SS...the stitch pattern on them looks more like it says '55' than 'SS' when you see them in person. I kinda laughed when I saw them. They'll likely get replaced by the headrests I snagged with the LCDs in them for the kiddos who live in the back seat. Having someone think I had '55' embroidered on my headrests...as gaudy as the seats already are kinda...would be REALLY bad:)

LCD's in a piggy is just plain wrong, sorry

Wow, and here I am- about to re-install a front bench seat and remove my buckets!

on second look it totally looks like it says "55"! I would rock it for sure, but I have nissan seats in mine.

Thanks Lil John. I'm in process of determining what height I want them to sit. I'm 6'5", so sometimes too much lift isn't a good thing for my noggin:)

And as for the LCD screens bogus...I'm sorry:( I do have to make some choices based on wifey-happiness (which usually ties into the kids too). I figure since they're in the headrests, I"ll never have to see them when I'm driving, and can just pretend they aren't there:)

Doc - what'r you doin with said removed bucket seats? ;)

Not sure. They're not worth much, pretty worn out. They definately need to be re-built, or I wouldn't be ditching them.

I was going to just find a dumpster in Oregon and toss them out this weekend. (I'm purchasing a front bench and then prompty installing it there...)

But, if you want them, and if I have room in the back of the pig I'll try to get them back to UT. They could be really nice seats if re-foamed and re-covered. They're like 24 way adjustable. Height, tilt, back angle, side bolsters, lumbar, etc... all adjustable.

Doc - what'r you doin with said removed bucket seats? ;)

Jdog35 - There is no way to completely tune out the Wiggles.. It is not possible. ;)

THANKFULLY they are more into action movies and 'guy' stuff. I was not cursed with Wiggles, Teletubbies, or anything else like that. I do a spot-on Schwarzenegger impression, so they started watching his films early on so they could 'get' my jokes with the voice. I got lucky I think:)

I really like the pontiac seats I got. Even with heated seats, which feel really good with rainy spring we are having
55 new seats.JPG

Hey cardinal...what power-lines did you tie the seats into? Just curious as I'm running wire as we speak:)

I hooked my seats upto an ignition switch rather than to a battery source. They turn on or off with the key. Works fine for me. The seats do start to heat up some times when I don't want them to, but you get kind of use to having the warm seats:p

I left my 'towers' intact and bolted my homemade seat brackets to them. Seems to be working fine.

Last edited:
I hooked my seats upto an ignition switch rather than to a battery source. They turn on or off with the key. Works fine for me. The seats do start to heat up some times when I don't want them to, but you get kind of use to having the warm seats:p

I left my 'towers' intact and bolted my homemade seat brackets to them. Seems to be working fine.

I had to cut my towers out thanks to me being 6'5" and my head wanted to periscope out the roof:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom