looking for a 60/62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

While I'm at it, I'm also looking for a clean Tacoma for my mom. Pre-2005. Other than that, if you see anything you would would give to your mom, let me know.

I guess this makes me the car guy in my circle...:confused:

How much does your buddy want to spend? And your mom too for that matter? I could fill both of those orders in an afternoon.

Not sure about my buddy, I think that largely depends on the vehicle. I'll show him yours tomorrow. Got a quick link to the thread?

I'm looking for my mom in the $10-13k range. She doesn't really want 4wd because she thinks the mpg is going to be bad. I keep telling her it's a minor difference between a pre-runner and a 4wd - anyone have any first hand experience to back up my claim? On the other hand she keeps telling me that she wants me to take her camping, so I tell her to buy a 4wd so she can drive her self... Problem is, she's a woman.

The 60 is here... https://forum.ih8mud.com/60-series-wagons/216127-rotw-bman.html Just pulled the electric fans to see if I can cool her down a bit with a mechanical setup. Still working on it at the moment. More testing on that this weekend. Also still fiddling with the tcase shifting. If he is interested he can come up and take a look at it and we can negotiate from there.

You're right... she's a woman, buy her a Camry instead. :flipoff2:

Last edited:
85 FJ60 on Tucson CL

This just popped up on CL.

1985 Toyota Landcruiser

Do not know anything else about this one.

Glenn in Tucson

Precision Toyota Used Dealership can suck my ass.

Just was browsing around town for my mom's tacoma. I asked their salesman if they had any 01-04 tacomas, and he went in to check. Came back out and said they have a 01, 2wd, extra cab, I4, 5spd, BASE MODEL with 100k+ miles. Price? $14,000. I told him the price was way out of line (maybe a little more colorfully than that), and he told me "that's what the market is." I'm pretty effing sure they sold base model 2wd's for less than that brand new in 2001. Anyway, fxxx those guys, they won't be getting my business.

Not that I'm actually steaming right now, but these salesmen really blow my mind sometimes. The search continues. /rant

Desert Toy?

Precision Toyota Used Dealership can suck my ass.

Just was browsing around town for my mom's tacoma. I asked their salesman if they had any 01-04 tacomas, and he went in to check. Came back out and said they have a 01, 2wd, extra cab, I4, 5spd, BASE MODEL with 100k+ miles. Price? $14,000. I told him the price was way out of line (maybe a little more colorfully than that), and he told me "that's what the market is." I'm pretty effing sure they sold base model 2wd's for less than that brand new in 2001. Anyway, fxxx those guys, they won't be getting my business.

Not that I'm actually steaming right now, but these salesmen really blow my mind sometimes. The search continues. /rant

You might try Desert Toyota on 22nd and Kolb. I'm *not* a buy from the dealership kinda guy (84 LC, go figure) but the couple of times I've gone in for parts they've been pretty helpful. No idea if that translates to the sales side of the house, but they must be doing something reasonably right to have the repair bay that they do!

Glenn in Tucson

... "that's what the market is." ...

Toyota trucks hold their value well and the Taco is one of the best at this. Great if your selling, not so much if your buying.:hillbilly:

If she isn't married to having the bed, I would look at 4Runners, they can often be had for a better deal. IMHO they are better rigs, nicer interiors, made in Japan, designed/screwed together better than the US made Taco with it's Dana frame, etc, issues. It's kinda silly, the Runners sold for more new, but the Taco holds value better, often sells for more used?

Darn scurvy Mazda guys :hillbilly:

Cayce, what does the private market look like down there? Maybe a loan through the bank and buy from a private party?

Private market is generally more reasonable, as are the little dealerships. No loan necessary, we're paying cash money. She has an 04 Jetta for sale or trade as well.

Any 01-04 Tacomas at your place, murf? And any salesmen that want an easy sale with no dicking around?

I just checked and nothing is on the used lot. Theyre very popular right now,they are sold as soon as they are traded in. The used market is very strong in this economy.

Ill watch for ya but dont dont stop looking around, not many people are trading them in...

Good luck - p.s. have you seen BMans 60 series? - tis' nice...

BMAN's 60 is very nice, and my co-worker thinks so as well. BMAN, you want to send me a current price on it? I don't think he can do it at the price you last listed it for. It's worth it, though.

Toyota trucks hold their value well and the Taco is one of the best at this. Great if your selling, not so much if your buying.:hillbilly:

I've been pricing Toy trucks for a while. 14k is pretty out of line for an 01 2wd with a 4banger and over 100k. But dealerships always ask top dollar.
Just saying.

Bought a Tacoma for my mom this afternoon.

2004 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner SR5 Extended Cab- Burgundy exterior; Tan interior; V6; Automatic; Cruise control; Power windows and door locks; 87,000 miles
3kb3m03oe5T55U35S2a6503185da252151b39.jpg

I think my buddy is still looking at 60s. I know he hasn't bought one. Still post up if you see anything enticing.

BMAN, I let him know about yours and your offer to drive it. Since we're on break I haven't been able to talk to him more about it, but it might be out of his price range.

Murf, you got a PM - at 87k miles, the Taco will be in need soon.

:clap:

Good color too :hmm:

My mom's 2004 Jetta is up for sale now, if anyone is interested. 44,000ish miles. Silver. Still researching price and cleaning it up, but if you're interested let me know.

Nice score Cayce, looks clean..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom