33's or 35's (1 Viewer)

What size tires would you put on YOUR stock FJC?

• 33s

Votes: 43 84.3%
  • 35s

Votes: 8 15.7%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to get new tires and I dont know if I should get 33's or 35's........:mad:

I may eventually lift my stock FJ when the money is there but for now all I can do is hope for that. Anyways......I have heard that 35's will fit but will rub and I would like to just buy one set of tires and not have to worry about them again.

Any kind of help from anyone would be appreciated, and maybe considered........

Thanks

Without a lift you won't be able to fit 35s - there will be serious rubbing.

+1! My 34's rub (when stuffed) with a 3" lift and the body mount chop.

Also when you move up to 35's you REALLY start to stress the driveline components. You would be much more likely to break stuff with that much rubber. Of course, you'll be able to go more places too. It's a tradeoff I guess ;)

cost goes up fast w 35s.
Unless you are sure you need 35s, I'd stick with 33s.

+1! My 34's rub (when stuffed) with a 3" lift and the body mount chop.
Also when you move up to 35's you REALLY start to stress the driveline components. You would be much more likely to break stuff with that much rubber. Of course, you'll be able to go more places too. It's a tradeoff I guess ;)

If you have not lifted your truck yet it a no brainer go with the 33's by the time you get the truck lifted, re-geared and everything else you will be ready for your next set of tires... I've spent the last 7 months playing around to fit 35's and I still have some more hammering, cutting and grinding to do. And I'm running a 3.5 inch lift

Are you planning on wheeling your FJC?

A more informative question may be MT's or AT's.

Without a lift, 33's or less and some 33's may result in issues.

Ended up going with 33 A/T's

Got em today and they are sooooooo much better then those Dunlop trash tires they put on there to begin with

what 33's will fit stock?
no rubbing?

Too many variables to give a one-size-fits-all answer. The wider the 33, the more it will rub the front body mount and after that the front upper control A-arm when you turn. If you wheel 33's with no lift you will rub in the rear wheel wells for sure. If you don't wheel it and don't turn it sharp on the street, then yeah you could probably fit most 33's on a stock truck.

35's here

I know I'm not the first to try this, but I don't have any exotic lift kit and I just installed 35's.

315/75/16 KM2's on 16" early FJ80 alloy wheels. Performed a body mount chop last night and mounted the wheels this morning. They are tight when stuffed, so we'll see how it goes. I have OME heavy front/med rear springs with a little over 2" of lift total.
BodyMtChop_RC (105).jpg
BodyMtChop_RC (109).jpg
BodyMtChop_RC (110).jpg

more close ups of wheel wells

some tight shots...

Front wheel - barely touches plastic inner apron at rear of well
Rear wheel - rubs plastic at rear of well
Inside front suspension - plenty of clearance
BodyMtChop_RC (115).jpg
BodyMtChop_RC (119).jpg
BodyMtChop_RC (114).jpg

Nice shots and valuable info, for some of us. I never did test fit (sorry), glad they look to fit well.

I love those on our FZJ80 and will probably be the replacement once my SSR's are retired...:beer:

Picasa Web Albums - EBonilla226 - Eli's Fj

Thanks BM Thinker, I was Thinking about KM'2s since GoodYear stopped making the Non Kevlar Version of the MT/R. The Pics are very cool . . . .
I'm currently running; 305-70-17 MT/R's on factory Steel wheels, Donahoe upper control arms & adjustable coil-overs front (with Donahoe shocks and springs rear), and the infamous "body mount chop" . . . Good Luck

Last edited:
Thanks for eveyone's feedback and by all means keep it comin.......however, I made my decision and went with the 33" BFG AT/TA's (265/70/17). I love em already too.

Thanks for eveyone's feedback and by all means keep it comin.......however, I made my decision and went with the 33" BFG AT/TA's (265/70/17). I love em already too.

Glad you are happy with them. Just to make sure, you know you replaced with the stock size tire which is just under 32". Hope you weren't misled...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom