Group Buy 1/2 or 3/4 steel tubs (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to put together a group buy for steel tubs and other body parts from Central/South America.

I am just looking for interest and quantity than I can come back with prices.

I desperately need a 1/2 tub (3/4 tub) for my 1975 FJ40 but for the cost of shipping one tub, I could probably send 6-7.

If interested, please email me at cigrum@ymail.com

PS: I know I'm a newbie but I need a tub NOW!

I am not sure how long it would take to get through channels (customs) and how much shipping is so are going to save that much $$$. Several companies have them locally and you could pick up a used one cheaply.

I don't know if I'd say they do group buys ALL THE TIME. There was one here just a month or two ago. Where were you when KY Longhunter was trying to get people in on that?

I'm guessing you either need to do it yourself or get a group buy organized yourself. Since Alex just kind of rounded up all of the people on MUD who needed stuff recently, I suspect there's not many people at the moment who need stuff.

You can buy them individually, BTW. It just costs more.

Dan

I don't know if I'd say they do group buys ALL THE TIME. There was one here just a month or two ago. Where were you when KY Longhunter was trying to get people in on that?

I'm guessing you either need to do it yourself or get a group buy organized yourself. Since Alex just kind of rounded up all of the people on MUD who needed stuff recently, I suspect there's not many people at the moment who need stuff.

You can buy them individually, BTW. It just costs more.

Dan
I picked up my rig may 1st, so I missed the KY buy. I need a 1975 tub, with the indents for ambulance doors, I can get away with a 1/2 tub, but a 3/4 would just simplify everything (a lot less cutting n welding).

Anyways I only have interest from 2 people, and one for a fj45 tailgate.

no one needs a tub? these are going to be cheap but need a lot more interest than 2 people, I cannot POST the prices, the shipping/brokering IS THE BULK OF THE COST!

If it helps, I could use sheet metal parts to rebuld my tub when I do my resto... Let me know if panels would help bring the cost down..

no one needs a tub? these are going to be cheap but need a lot more interest than 2 people, I cannot POST the prices, the shipping/brokering IS THE BULK OF THE COST!

Can you PM me with the price of 1979+ 1/2 and 3/4 tubs? Can you also provide me with manufacturer information?

Thanks

Not much of a response

Doesn't seem to be that much of a response.

I am going to get a price/shipping/brokerage quote for my self, I will be ordering a 1/2 tub, full rockers, full front floor panel, pair of fenders. and have the items shipped to me by Aircargo. (the shipping cost will be very high).

My intention was going to use sea container and them have the individual tubs (and parts) pallated to be shipped by truck to each individual buyer (I use OLD Dominion as my trucking carrier between $250-500 midwest/eastcoast). The cost for AirCargo to me is roughly 1/2 the cost of a container by sea, that is why I originally proposed this group buy. I have experience of importing/brokering goods in the past (hardwood floors and tiles)

The cost is low (I will not list the prices on the forum, as to not offend the legitimate dealers who take much time and expense of importing, brokering and stocking these items for retail sale)

After I receive the total cost for my order, I will compare the costs to purchasing a Gozzard tub locally. (my current FJ40 project is not an original restore, its a daily driver Chevota conversion with some tweaks). I need to get started on this project soon.

I am contacting the dealer this week to decide if I am going through with the purchase, if you are interested email or PM me so I can include your needs in the estimate.

Thanks

no, his prices are fair, just looking for a better price, have to factor additional shipping/crating etc..

pacol

Can you still buy directly from Pacol? I thought he was now selling his stuff through SOR.

iron pig offroad has half tubs 1500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom