Steering wheel cover (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Last edited:
X2
I went from a pretty decent cover to a replacement from Shane and there is just no comparison. The wheel is the one interface you just can ignore and my new wheel is beautiful, well worth the money

I shopped at several auto parts stores before I found a suitable cover for my aging steering wheel. The one I ended up with is from autozone. It is not on their website but I found it in the store about 7 months ago.
It met these criteria:
Real leather, not simulated
Black
no designs
aesthetically pleasing to my eyes
good fit

I will agree the atlas replacements are the way to go, but even then I would be tempted to cover it to protect $$$

The autozone cover was $15, hope this helps

I shopped at several auto parts stores before I found a suitable cover for my aging steering wheel. The one I ended up with is from autozone. It is not on their website but I found it in the store about 7 months ago.
It met these criteria:
Real leather, not simulated
Black
no designs
aesthetically pleasing to my eyes
good fit

I will agree the atlas replacements are the way to go, but even then I would be tempted to cover it to protect $$$

The autozone cover was $15, hope this helps

Can you post a picture, please? Was it available in oak color?

I am already getting the front and middle row seat covers from Shane so I know (or will find out soon) about the quality of his products.....just trying to save some money by looking at other alternatives?

Thanks.

Atlas is your friend.

Metric TLC

For the steering wheel though I wanna try this one.
Would be a little thicker then OEM and would be way nicer then those thick ones they sell at gasoline stations.

Toyota Land Cruiser Leather Steering Wheel Cover: eBay Motors (item 230414407628 end time May-18-10 12:47:25 PDT)

This one could work too. How did you install it? Does it need to be threaded? Did you remove the original cover first or installed it on top of the original?

Thanks.

I am looking for an inexpensive way to make the aging steering wheel relatively "new"....came across this snap-on cover:

Lexus LX470 LS400 LX450 TAN wood steering wheel cap LX: eBay Motors (item 140393445226 end time May-21-10 20:13:33 PDT)

Has anyone tried it? How does it feel and look?

Another question: How does one restore all the plastic in the truck's interior.....e.g., center console?

Thanks.
I've used these on a few of my cruisers over the years. They work fine. They just snap over the steering wheel and have some adhesive on the back as well to keep them in place. They stay on firmly. They look pretty good (better than generic wheel covers IMO). Bad part is that the back side is still bare. This isnt a big deal if you're sitting in the car since you cant really see the back side of the steering wheel. But if you're looking into the car from the front and your wheel is really badly torn up you can still spot the bare section that the snap on piece doesn't cover.

Other than having AATLAS1X refurbish your steering wheel, I personally think that these are the next best option for someoneon a budget.

I just got mine in the mail, along with the new shifter handle. They are niiiiiice! Worth the money indeed!! I have my new leather coming from him for the 1st and 2nd row in the near future;)

I'm pretty sure Shane gets them made same as factory colors, and does all the Lexus color stuff. In fact, see the 1st post in the following thread, he has the match for the Pink Panty Mobile (LX450) interior. https://forum.ih8mud.com/metric-tlc/320592-new-80-series-steering-wheels-95-97-a.html

wheel1.JPG

wheel3.JPG
wheel1.JPG
wheel3.JPG

Last edited:
This one could work too. How did you install it? Does it need to be threaded? Did you remove the original cover first or installed it on top of the original?

Thanks.

It's a 1 for 1 swap, your old wheel for a newly wrapped one. Send your old one back when you pull it off.

Another question: How does one restore all the plastic in the truck's interior.....e.g., center console?

Most of the interior components are still available from Mr. Yota. Give CDan a call and see what the pricing and availability is, I just ordered a bunch of interior components for my 94, everything was available. Some people have fit Tuffy's in their 80s, take sa little doing, but there are a few threads on it via search.

Last edited:
It's a 1 for 1 swap, your old wheel for a newly wrapped one. Send your old one back when you pull it off.

Most of the interior components are still available from Mr. Yota. Give CDan a call and see what the pricing and availability is, I just ordered a bunch of interior components for my 94, everything was available. Some people have fit Tuffy's in their 80s, take sa little doing, but there are a few threads on it via search.
Anyone know how to get ahold of Atlas mentioned above. None of the links work when I click on them. I did a Google search but can’t find Atlas or Shane.

I think he closed up shop a while back.

Anyone know how to get ahold of Atlas mentioned above. None of the links work when I click on them. I did a Google search but can’t find Atlas or Shane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom