What would you pay? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1984 FJ 60 170,000 miles, 2F, manual (4 or 5 ? sp) very stock and untouched. minimal maintenance for the past several years. Interior well used. Windshield broken. No radio. Body in ok shape. Intended for body swap to my BJ 60 or drive train swap to this truck depending on condition. Buddy wants $2500.
PS its never been out of SoCal. No rust.

Last edited:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/attachment...nt.php?attachmentid=420202&stc=1&d=1273816220
photo.jpg
photo-2.jpg

Should be a 4 speed transmission, if not, if it has been converted to 5 speed (h55f) then it is worth the $2500. IMHO.

Sid

Maybe 2k if its rust free, running in tip top shape, and the interiors decent

A truly rust free 60 is still valuable. 2.5k seems ok to me, if the 'no rust' statement is totally correct. A windshield costs 200$ installed.
J

Dealing with rust can be extremely expensive and it's extremely important to do. If it really is rust free and as straight as it appears to be, I think that's fair. You're going to have an engine and transmission to sell as well, right?

2-3 years ago I had a minor fender-bender (not my fault) that left my cruiser w/ a scratch from the driver's door to the rear wheel that was over $2500 to repaint and they did nothing for the rust. Now on the passenger side the wheel arches are coming through with rust. Not to mention the rear section of the frame needs welding to maintain its longevity. My drive train is awesome and I have a turbo on the bench ready to go in. I feel a huge project looming.

I live in SoCal and check Craigslist daily for local Landcruisers. I'm pretty confident I could find one in similar condition in about 3 - 6 months for $1500, and probably $1000 in less then 12 months. But you're not here, so maybe for you $2500 is worth it. If you could work out the logistics, you might find someone in the SW USA interested in trading an FJ60/62 with a good body & frame for a 12H-T engine.

I've got a rust-free So. Cal '86 (brown) w/ 40K original miles motor and rebuilt drive-train (38mm t'case) I'd trade for a 12H-T

:D

I don't have a 12H-T to trade. My 60 is powered by a 3B. But I hear what your saying. I know this guy... he's had the truck for 15 +/- years. I (hope) can drive it back north and I'm working him down in price. Oddly enough it started out FREE then went to $3000. decent looking 60s seem to be selling on coparts.com for around $1500--but you know nothing about them.

If he put it in Craigs here, he prolly wouldn't sell it for $2500... I'm like Seth, I prowl CL and watch prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom