YA 700 Snap On Lincoln Walker Floor Jack (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
I found a YA 700 A Snap On Floor Jack while unloading scrap at the scrap yard. I bought it for scrap price.

The rear casters were broken and the main cross shaft was snapped.

A quick internet search I found BlackHawk Parts and found that Lincoln Walker builds the Jack for Snap On.
BlackhawkParts-Repair kits, parts and accessories

I ordered a set of rear casters and a new oil reservoir cap for the bottle of the jack. $48.00

I discovered the main cross shaft was No Longer Available.

I plasma cut two welds and disassembled the jack. I removed the shaft and had a new one made at the local machine shop. $70.00
DSCF9590.jpg
DSCF9593.jpg
DSCF9592.jpg

Last edited:
Cool find. 100% better than the cheap junk throwaway jacks being pumped out the last decade or two.
I have my own 'real' jack that has a slow leakdown issue and will get rebuilt one of the days. It will then be good for another 20 years or so, I reckon.

Nice job Dan! I didn't realize you could find a jack made in the USA.

I am not made of money but I don't consider $125 expensive.

:D

(I know, now I'm just bragging.)

No, $125 isn't expensive at all for a nice American made product like that.
Would be cool if you could find an old decal kit for it and repaint it to it's original glory.

How old you think that is ? 80's?

Hey Dan,

Your post inspired me to look for an American made floor jack. I bought this one yesterday. 15 year old jack that belonged to a retired USMC. Used at his home for personal use.

This jack will stay at my house for my personal use too. I have 2 of the Allied 3 ton, made in China POS, I can use in my shop. I'm planning on replacing these POS china made jacks with USA made floor jacks.
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

Comparison pics for reference. The Allied jack is rated for 3 tons, but is so much smaller.
4.jpg
5.jpg

Hey Dan,

Your post inspired me to look for an American made floor jack. I bought this one yesterday. 15 year old jack that belonged to a retired USMC. Used at his home for personal use.

This jack will stay at my house for my personal use too. I have 2 of the Allied 3 ton, made in China POS, I can use in my shop. I'm planning on replacing these POS china made jacks with USA made floor jacks.

Beautiful jack!

This post is useless without prices! :D

$200. I figure I'd spend around $100 for a crappy POS china made jack, so it was a no brainer. I just need to find 2 more to buy.

nice find. I'm always looking for the good stuff (old USA made tools). Lots of it is rebuildable and worth rebuilding too. WHOLESALETOOLCOMPANY.COM. I did cave in and buy a decent foreign jack. These are the same jacks as the matco beast.

Not a Jack, but a cool scrap yard find like your jack...It's a 6 1/2 in socket that weights 100lbs that I found in the local scrap yard. Got it home, cleaned it up and painted it red and now it's a really cool and heavy door stop for my shop.

Cost: $5.00

Have no clue what it's really worth, but its a nice conversational piece.
Limb Risers 2011 048.jpg
Limb Risers 2011 050.jpg

Last edited:
I'm just plain jealous .. snap on floor jack .. damn I can't even bough the snap on impact that it's for sale in the sale section here .. and off course that would be impossible to found here .. :frown:

Here is a american made jack

Danimal,

You have a good eye for finding priceless items in a scrap yard that have value. This is what everyone should do is keep there eyes open for things like this.

Now, for anyone who really wants a American made jack, you will pay a pretty penny, but take a look at Milwaukee Hydraulics. They still make American made jacks.

I want to show a picture of a Jack that collapsed on me, while I was pulling out the last jack stand. Thankfully the trucks tires were still on, and the truck was moving sideways which was enough time for me to get out from underneath it. It is made in china. My existing jack was not high enough, and used the owners jack to raise the rear differential.

jack.jpg

Yowzers, that looks scary.

Hein-Werner (who makes the snap-on i believe) still makes USA made jacks as well.

!C!720n!BWk~$(KGrHqR,!jQE0D2IM1QdBNFT!gOJMQ~~0_1.JPG

That is some scary stuff

I want to show a picture of a Jack that collapsed on me, while I was pulling out the last jack stand. Thankfully the trucks tires were still on, and the truck was moving sideways which was enough time for me to get out from underneath it. It is made in china. My existing jack was not high enough, and used the owners jack to raise the rear differential.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom