Help! They stole Rusty's shoes and feet! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What the F&%! is going on with society today? Is nothing sacred anymore? My 40 was at the shop and they stole my 38.5 boggers and wheels off the truck while it was locked in the storage fence over the weekend. My mechanic says " I've got some bad news" and I thought they stole the whole truck. Instead they stole my boys shoes and feet.

I need some help with new wheels now. How much backspacing do I need on a 16.5" rim to clear the 14 bolt full floater? It's real important because the rear of the truck barely fit on my trailer. The front tires would clear the fenders by 1" but the rear tires would wedge right against the fenders. If the backspacing is off, the truck won't fit on the trailer at all. I've got a trip scheduled this Saturday so I need to know ASAP! Thanks.
IMG00025-20100510-1213.jpg
IMG00026-20100510-1213.jpg

DUDE, that sucks. Im glad you still got the bulk of it.

Might try Hardcore section too with the 14bolt and rush for info. Hope you can still make your trip.

I hope Karma gets a piece of 'em....I absolutely cannot tolerate thieves!!!! Good luck with your backspacing -Matt

I can't help on the backspacing, but if you're going to get new wheels and tires I'd get 17" not 16.5...

the 16.5 tires barely have a lip on them, I've been told that they can be un-seated fairly easy when rock crawling...

I hope Karma gets a piece of 'em....I absolutely cannot tolerate thieves!!!! Good luck with your backspacing -Matt

Funny you should say "Karma". That was going to be the name of my Rottie until the :princess: veto'd the name! Thanks for the thoughts

the bad thing about Karma it never happens where you get to see it coming around. it will happen to those Bastards but you dont have the satisfaction on when and what. I think that would be more fun just knowing.

can't imagine them throwing that kind of rubber over a fence and trying to catch it. lol

sorry to hear about that. stuff like that really irks me to no end.
shoot first and ask questions later so they can't do it again. "i am not sure officer I felt my life was in danger while he was trying to throw that tire at me" so I protected my self.

nice rig though, good luck on your tire search.

Wheels stolen - Need backspacing help

My 40 was at the shop being worked on last week and it wasn't ready so it stayed in their storage area. Some A-holes stole the wheels and tires off it. The problem is that it barely fit on the trailer and I don't know what the wheels were. I have a 14 bolt rear and a very large spacer up front on the stock front end. The front would slide past the fenders (Barely by an inch or so) and the rear would wedge into the trailer fenders (it worked). I plan to run the same 38.5" boggers and I'm pretty sure the wheels were 16.5" (not sure of the width). I'd likie to know what the minimum backspacing I'd need to work with the 14 bolt?
IMG00025-20100510-1213.jpg
IMG00026-20100510-1213.jpg

the bad thing about Karma it never happens where you get to see it coming around. it will happen to those Bastards but you dont have the satisfaction on when and what. I think that would be more fun just knowing.

can't imagine them throwing that kind of rubber over a fence and trying to catch it. lol

sorry to hear about that. stuff like that really irks me to no end.
shoot first and ask questions later so they can't do it again. "i am not sure officer I felt my life was in danger while he was trying to throw that tire at me" so I protected my self.

nice rig though, good luck on your tire search.

They lifted the tires over a 6' fence after tearing the barbed wire down. I think they used a ladder to roll them over!

2 in the chest, 1 in the head.....

Look on the bright side, at least they left it on stands/blocks for you. A discourteous thief would have just dropped it onto the rotors/backing plates. See, now you should be happy about all this!

be sure to watch craigs list - you might get them back?

Look on the bright side, at least they left it on stands/blocks for you. A discourteous thief would have just dropped it onto the rotors/backing plates. See, now you should be happy about all this!

I thought the same thing. Actually, I'm just happy to still have the truck.

will a 16" with 4" backspace work?

Last edited:
Cant help on the backspacing but have to say..

Thats sucks!! is the workshop paying for new rims/tyres?? sorry tires?? was it behind there workshop gates?
cant understand why a 4wder would help them selves to others parts.. Hope it gets back on thje road soon

Cammo

You didn't say what kind of shop it was. If it was an automotive place their shop keepers policy should cover it.

It's an auto repair shop. I'm sure they'll cover the loss but what a pain. I still need to know if a 16" wheel with 4" backspace will work on the rear with the 14 bolt. I'd like to stay away from the 16.5". I can't afford to have the truck not fit on the trailer.

Cant help on the backspacing but have to say..

Thats sucks!! is the workshop paying for new rims/tyres?? sorry tires?? was it behind there workshop gates?
cant understand why a 4wder would help them selves to others parts.. Hope it gets back on thje road soon

Cammo

Yes, they're paying for the replacement wheels and tires but I don't know what wheels will work. I've got a trip planned for Saturday and need to order the wheels tomorrow to get everything in time!

They lifted the tires over a 6' fence after tearing the barbed wire down. I think they used a ladder to roll them over!

Well at least they were dumbasses and had to work a little to get them. A smart person would just cut the fence. X2 on checking the local High Schools. Also put out the word at the High Schools that there is a $100 reward for the return of your property or verified info on who has them. You might be supprised at how fast you get them back or info on who stole them. Nothing gets kids attention faster than money that they don't have to work for.
If I found out who stole them, I would give karma a helping hand after I got my property back. Dirty Bast**ds :mad::deadhorse:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom