any other springs that bolt in besides flipped 60 series springs for more WB? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Lemoore, CA (south of Fresno) / Cortes Island, B.C
I need to do some driveline work and was thinking about increasing my wheel base even more with flipped 60 series springs. But, is there a junk yard spring that bolts in also for added wheel base? I already have my stock springs flipped.

"bolt in" is such a interpetable term...

My Chevy spring were under the back of a 1 ton dually before I bolted them under my '40. :)

If you can find some FJ45 rear springs, those will be the closest to an easy bolt in. Meaning that you can still use your front spring mounts, but you will have to do something about the shackle end. either move the mount of make some sort of reverse articulated shackle that maintains an acceptable angle on the spring.

The '55 or '60 springs are about the longest you can run by simply increasing your shackle length and bolting it all in.

Mark...

Since I posted, I also my throw a 60 series axle under the 40 so I may have many options since I will probably have to redo all my frame mounts. How much more did you get out of the Chevy springs? I am at 100" now.

if you're going 60 axle... Get the spring perches that have several pin holes in them.. you can get another 1-2 inches that way too..

Since I posted, I also my throw a 60 series axle under the 40 so I may have many options since I will probably have to redo all my frame mounts. How much more did you get out of the Chevy springs? I am at 100" now.

I was already at 104-105 with FJ55 (rear) springs in front and FJ45 (rear) springs in the back. I did not want to be any longer, so I set the chevys up to give the same length.

These are the 56-57 inch chevy springs with multiple thinner leaves out of '80s vintage trucks and older.

But Like I said... Bolt in can mean different things. I have to make new spring mounts and shackles with "knees" (I could have moved the shackle mounts too, but my my uses and my tastes this worked better for me).

Mark...

I was going say I dont think anything should ever result in someone getting a jeep!

Yeah don't know what the hell type of comment that was. Must of thought he was being funny or something. Guess he doesn't understand that even in stock wheel base, a 40 will spank a heep. I want longer wheel base for a better break over angle and I suppose he doesn't understand that tidbit about Cruisers.

Sides if you wanted a longer wheel base and 40 wasn't enough any of the other longer cruisers would work! HAHA I am a Toyota fan thru and thru and would never think bout betraying them...........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom