Pics of 36s on 2.5" OME (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
jokerwebhosting.com
So I kicked around the idea of 35s and was looking for some when I ran across a sweet deal on some 36s. $400 for all 4 to be exact. Couldn't pass it up so I bought them and was then "forced" into buying 5.29s. Everything got finished up last night and I put the tires on. I took it out for a quick spin and stuffed the rear tire pretty good without any rubbing. I went ahead and bought some Man-A-Fre spacers but haven't had a chance to put them on.

Crappy pics I just took...

tires2.jpg

tires1.jpg

more pics

IMG00103.jpg

IMG00102.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great. What backspacing are you running and did you extend your rear bumpstops?

Looks great. What backspacing are you running and did you extend your rear bumpstops?

Can't remember what the backspacing is of these rims. They are just the stock 15x7 rims. I painted them black.

Haven't had a chance to stuff the tires and measure how much I needed to actually extend my bump stops so I haven't touched them either. Didn't want to just guess and extend them to more than needed or not enough.

Those look pretty good. Are those the radial or the bias TSL's?

I despise 91/92 stock rims which was one of the first things I wanted to change whenever I get around to buying my next cruiser which more than likely will be that year model. You changed my mind....think I can deal with them if I paint 'em black. Nice!

Tires look good. Nice find. Now I know what my rims will look like if I ever decide I want them black. Thanks for sharing.

That looks great! I want to say the backspacing on the stock 15x7 alloys is 4.5".

That looks great! I want to say the backspacing on the stock 15x7 alloys is 4.5".

I was going to suggest 4.5 because I thought that's what I read on here somewhere but didn't know for sure.

Those wheels do look so good painted black. I bet you might have to get some wheel spacers to minimize the rub. It will definitely rub in the rear. Any bump stop extensions in the rear? Because even if you do it will probably rub the inner wheel well unless you go with wheel spacers...

Those aren't radials...the lugs are too big. Those are bias ply TSL's. Right?

They are bias ply.

looks great, man! Why'd you decide to regear with a 5.29 instead of 4.88?

Ha! Now you've gone and started that debate again. This ought to be interesting. Lol!

I'm rocking an underpowered 3FE so that was a big deciding factor. Also I asked myself... Why regear then regret it later when I move up in tire sizes? I would rather be too low than not low enough. Just me personally. It feels really nice though. Doesn't want to shift out all the time on the highway now.

Ha! Now you've gone and started that debate again. This ought to be interesting. Lol!

lol

figure I'll regear one day and wasn't sure if there was a difference in performance of the vehicle or what. I had a buddy who just put 35s on his new jeep and regeared w 4.88.

It's not that regearing is a bad idea its just some guys on mud lay in wait for someone to mention regearing and then pounce with varying opinions on whether to do it or not and to what ratio. I'm no authority by any means. I actually started a gearing thread asking questions and it turned ugly. I will say this, if we were all together in person sitting around having the same discussion the outcome would've been different. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom