New Guy @ Cliffs (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just moved to Galva, IL. I will be heading to the cliffs tomorrow morning. Anyone else plan on being there anytime tomorrow?

I am also going to GSMTR this year. Anyone else from up this way going? I will probably be there the June 9-13th or might even make it as early as the 7th.

Last edited:
I just moved to Galva, IL. I will be heading to the cliffs tomorrow morning. Anyone else plan on being there anytime tomorrow?

I am also going to GSMTR this year. Anyone else from up this way going? I will probably be there the 9-13th or might even make it as early as the 7th.

no plans for the cliffs, for me.

Ill be at the PYS tour june 5-13.

I'm hoping not to end up alone there. Last time I went to Red Bird during the week I was along and was afraid to do anything that might cause me to break or get stuck since no one was around to drag me out.

I'm hoping not to end up alone there. Last time I went to Red Bird during the week I was along and was afraid to do anything that might cause me to break or get stuck since no one was around to drag me out.

Not to freak you out or anything...but the cliffs is a bad place to be alone. If you drop into the wrong trail (which arent labeled for s***) you can find your self on your side in a hurry with NO exit options other than the end of the trail.

And its very likely you could be the only guy in the park tomorrow, being wet, and friday.

But hey maybe someone will be up for a run tomorrow.

If you do head out, I suggest sticking to trail #10, #44 (down hill) and #7 (down hill). Trails #1, and #3 are pretty easy and you might be bored. There are dozens of trails out there, but most are pretty damn bad!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully I will find at least one other person or someone will be out there already. Hopefully it doesn't rain all day either. I might have to wait until Saturday. I will weigh my options. I plan on driving out there since it isn't that far. Hopefully, I will be driving back. I will keep those trails in mind.

Given that you only have 35s and dont have a winch, I strongly suggest staying out of the mud as much as possible. Not the place to be going splashing through mud puddles. I believe one hole that really isnt along any main trails was purposely dug out to about atleast 6 feet if I remember correctly. If you are out alone........ Best of luck.

Last edited:
You might want to wait if its going to rain. It gets pretty sloppy on any of the trails after a good rain, and they say its gonna rain all night and tomorrow. You can always go another day, there are plenty of us that head ot to the trails all the time that would be happy to have you along. As John mentioned, the trails are poorly marked, so if you are going for the first time even without the rain its pretty easy to get lost if you don't know your way around.

Seems like a big hole when they have a 39" limit. Also seems like there is a lot of mud. Maybe it shouldn't be called "The Cliffs".

I just might end up holding off then. That sucks though, don't get to play enough!

I just might end up holding off then. That sucks though, don't get to play enough!

Dont listen to Bamf, he doesnt even own a rig.

:rolleyes:

Your best bet is to wait a couple days after a rain to let the place dry out a bit. I was going to head out there Saturday to do a shake down run but am thinking of holding off until we get some drier weather.

I might not be able to go then. This is probably my last chance before GSMTR.

so much s*** talk from the newb....

Might go Saturday or Sunday instead, but that will be my last chances for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom