What grade is typical allthread? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wile E Coyote

Out in the streets, they call it murder!
Threads
I'm aware allthread can be found in several grades, but is anyone aware what grade the typical hardware store variety might be?

I recently used a 12" length that failed the job very quickly, and will replace it with a 12" bolt of grade 5 or so. I'm just looking for a point of reference as to how much stronger 'grade 5 or so' is than the allthread.

I'm aware allthread can be found in several grades, but is anyone aware what grade the typical hardware store variety might be?

I recently used a 12" length that failed the job very quickly, and will replace it with a 12" bolt of grade 5 or so. I'm just looking for a point of reference as to how much stronger 'grade 5 or so' is than the allthread.

I'm going to say it's pretty much Grade Nada. IOW, I wouldn't depend on it in a load bearing situation where you REALLY had to depend on it. If that's the case, find yourself a graded fastener designed to handle the load.

Butter bolt grade comes to mind....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom