Cape Hatteras ORV Plan ....comments due May 10 to NPS (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI folks
Just wanted to remind you that all comments regarding the 810 page environmental impact study are due May 10 . Please get them in if you haven't already. Beach access hangs in the balance. Please state the facts and keep personal opinions out of your comments. Here's the link on Island free press .org It gives a brief overview and links as to where and how to comment so on and so forth . Hatteras Island needs your help.
Beach Access and Park Issues

written comments mailed to:
Mike Murray, Superintendent, Cape Hatteras National Seashore, 1401 National Park Drive, Manteo, NC 27954.

don't let the government ban more ORV access
thanks so much

I thought they were due the 15th?

If anyone is interested in stopping by the house, I have a copy of the executive summary, along with an e-copy of the whole entire DEIS. I plan on having a statement ready to send in by the date. Anyone is free to copy it and put their name on it and send it in also.

COMMENTS

Hey the same comments over and over won't be forwarded to past the mail opener. Make sure your comments are specific and state the parts of the DEIS you are commenting about. Keep all personal opinions out. State only the facts relating to the case at hand.

Eamples
Why is it the NPS only relocates wildlife for imminent storm danger. quote the pages And make comments.
Opinions are such as:
Preserve human culture keep the beaches free and open to the public in a public use area!!!!

Oh, I plan on challenging the way they performed the ecological sampling, why spoil islands and sound side areas were not counted as nesting sites, the fact that the birds are not federally endagered species, and some other issues. No defamation, just scientifically backed arguments.

I am a scientist, afterall.... :D

Oh, I plan on challenging the way they performed the ecological sampling, why spoil islands and sound side areas were not counted as nesting sites, the fact that the birds are not federally endagered species, and some other issues. No defamation, just scientifically backed arguments.

I am a scientist, afterall.... :D

exactly what is needed :hillbilly: oh yea and who tells birds where to nest????

Should we have an "official" statement as the regional TLCA club? Just wondering...

If I remember the wording on the details of submitting comments, they were not accepting "business/organization" type commenting. I think they wanted to make sure they came from individuals. I'll check when I get back from Denmark, tomorrow.

yep individual comments only

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom