Complete Rear End Question for 2002 LX470 vs. 2002 LC (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi Everyone,

I have a 2002 LX470 that is in need of a complete rear end assembly. I have been searching for one for a decent price but have yet to find anything for the Lexus.

However, this morning I came across a 2002 Land Cruiser 100 complete rear axle with positraction for a fairly good deal. Before I commit, please let me know if this set up will work with my LX470.

The ratio is the same 4.30 and the seller confirmed it, my only concern is that that LC axle has positraction and my LX doesn't. Will this work with the 4wd system in my Lexus?

Thanks for your inputs as always,

Tim

Positraction? Must have been added aftermarket because that's not from the factory.

LX470's had a limited slip in the rear from the factory. Not sure if that was all years, but I know the earlier ones did have it. The LC rear should swap right in.

Land Cruiser never had a limited slip. If it is 2002 it can not be a e-locker, but make sure they are not selling your a 1998/1999 with e-locker. That will not swap in.

strike the positraction, it doesn't have it. Other than that, what about the brake system? Any issues of incompatibility that I should be of concern?

Thanks

I'm interested in the inner axles if they are still useable. Why are you replacing it? What happened?

The seller wanted me to exchange my complete rear assembly that had a bent housing caused by a side impact.

So I should be able to remove the AHC brackets from my old axle and swap it over to the LC?

LX470's had a limited slip in the rear from the factory. Not sure if that was all years, but I know the earlier ones did have it. The LC rear should swap right in.

Land Cruiser never had a limited slip. If it is 2002 it can not be a e-locker, but make sure they are not selling your a 1998/1999 with e-locker. That will not swap in.

From what I've gathered, 98-99 LX's had it, once ATRAC came out the limited slip disappeared.

There might be some brackets on the LX housing that is not on the LC housing for the AHC parts etc. I believe the rest should be the same.

AHC bits are mounted on the frame, and the DS upper control arm, I dont THINK there's anything else on the actual axle...which reminds me, I need to pull that stuff off :bounce:

The seller wanted me to exchange my complete rear assembly that had a bent housing caused by a side impact.

So I should be able to remove the AHC brackets from my old axle and swap it over to the LC?

i've had that happen, silly VW thought they could drive through my truck.

thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom