Do 40th Anniversaries always have a badge? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking at a 97 LC that is claiming to be a 40th Anniversary Edition but this is the second one i've seen where it has no badging (inside by the shifters or outside) to portray this, other than the fact it is a 97 and the owner is claiming it. Do they just not always have badging, or are not all 97s a true "40th"?

I haven't seen a manual for the rig yet however... if that could clear anything up.

I'm looking at a 97 LC that is claiming to be a 40th Anniversary Edition but this is the second one i've seen where it has no badging (inside by the shifters or outside) to portray this, other than the fact it is a 97 and the owner is claiming it. Do they just not always have badging, or are not all 97s a true "40th"?

I haven't seen a manual for the rig yet however... if that could clear anything up.

One way to tell without badges would be trim along the lower half of the doors (although this could indicated a Commemorative Edition too) but I think all 40th's had two tone leather. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

It doesn't have two-tone leather, but might possibly have paint-matched door trim. It also has all gold emblems, however.

Personally, which I can't stand lol

It doesn't have two-tone leather, but might possibly have paint-matched door trim. It also has all gold emblems, however.

Personally, which I can't stand lol

Sounds like it's not a 40th then, I have never seen Gold Emblems on a 40th, plus the lack of two-tone leather.

40th has the two tone leather, and the 40th badging. IIRC, it also has the auto climate control, like the LX has.

40 years doesn't mean its 40th edition model ;). Don't think someone would change the 2 tone seats and de-badge knowing it was a 40th edition, but Ive seen stranger things and could be wrong.

Appreciate it guys,

Assuming he thinks he has a 40th and is factoring that into the price, what do you think, if any, I could come down on the price by telling him that it's not the 40th Anniv.?

Is there by chance a VIN# or something similar to indicate it's not, incase someone insisted it was?

I believe all the badges and emblems are supposed to be black pearl. At least mine are.

As stated above, the 40th has 2 tone leather, it has 40th badges on the outside and inside (near shifter). Definitely would have the climate control system like the LX.

AFAIK the 40th and CE (collectors edition) are the only NON-LX '97 model year that have the climate control system - so check for that. No climate control would in my mind mean not a 40th or CE. Climate control means you can set the temperature (in deg F) that you want the system to run on - i.e. the temp lever has deg F info versus the standard Aircon.

Certainly no badges inside or out is also sus.

cheers,
george.

what color is the original paint?

from sleeoffroad under "techzone":
(80 series newbie guide)

40th Anniversary Specifications

-Two Tone leather seats
-Serialized symbol on center console.
-40th Anniversary floor mats
-40th Anniversary emblems
-Black Chrome badging
-Available in Sage and Green colors only
-Auto climate control

what color is the original paint?

from sleeoffroad under "techzone":
(80 series newbie guide)

40th Anniversary Specifications

-Two Tone leather seats
-Serialized symbol on center console.
-40th Anniversary floor mats
-40th Anniversary emblems
-Black Chrome badging
-Available in Sage and Green colors only
-Auto climate control

Zackly...the emblems are black pearl not gold. Sounds like the usual misinterpretation of a 40th versus a collectors edition. The CE is not as desirable in the market IMO like the 40th and shouldnt be priced like one. EIther way, if it is a nice 97, check it out - still a Cruiser either way:) WHen I got my 40th, the doctor who owned it had someone take off the outside fender badges because he said he didnt like "to advertise for someone else" :confused:.
Being they are no longer available through Toyota, i finally found a pair of replicas through James Dean creations. Another search function pay-off :clap:. Good luck!

do all 40ths have factory lockers?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom