bypassing the lspv (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i want to bypass or do somthing with my proportion valve the guy i bought my truck from cut the bar the goes from the proportion valve to the rear axle and has a hose clamp holding it .... im getting way more rear break idk what i should i do i want to get rid of the lspv and run the lines right to the breaks
i dont know if it matters but i have rear disk

You need a manual proportioning valve, I ordered mine from Summit racing. You will need brake line adapters as well.

I removed the LSPV and put a hose in it's place. I had this hose made locally for $7. I put the adjustable porportining valve under the hood. Not too hard of a job.

so what do i do with the two lines going into the old proportion valve?

I simply removed the line going to the PV and ran it directly to the rear brakes at the flex line thing-a-ma-jigger. Then, I plugged the "return" line at the front right wheel well "T". Then I thew the old PV as far as I could.

NOTE: You'll end up with one unused hard line on the frame that you could use to transfer koolaid or favorite bev to the back if ya want. :D

...and yes, install a proportion valve and residual valve if yur runnin' disc'o brakes in the back.

DSC03040.jpg

A guy in our club used his unused brake line to send air back to his ARB. Thought that was pretty cool. Tross, nice job man, looks great and I like how you can adjust that so easy.

A guy in our club used his unused brake line to send air back to his ARB. Thought that was pretty cool. Tross, nice job man, looks great and I like how you can adjust that so easy.

Dang good idea on the air line... I'll have to remember that one.

Thanks! Second one I've done like this and both have had the pv adjusted all the way out (biased rear minimum) Neither one would allow you to completely shut off the rear brakes. Each one was a different brand/style too. :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom