Marks Offroad Fuel Cell (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone bought and installed one of these from Marks Offroad? I have been eyeing this and it looks like it would get my old tank out from under my seat and give me more distance. I have my rear springs flipped so I don't know how this would effect me. Also have a 4" lift w/ 2.5" ext shackles.

AuxTankP.jpg

http://www.marksoffroad.net/1specials/1specials.html

Nick

Its still there, part # 200-1501P for $585

"FJ40 Auxiliary Fuel Cell. NEW ON THE MARKET! This tank was made to the same specifications as the legendary ConFerr auxiliary tank that is no longer being made. Thousands of dollars were spent to have a roto mold made to duplicate the tank in a race-approved, cross-linked polyethylene. The tank now shares the features of a full race tank which include dedicated outlet and return lines as well as a vent line. Fully programmable sending unit and filler neck are included"

I'm very tempted to do this when I put in my metal tech cage and get rid of my old tank. I'd just hate to buy it and not have room for it.

Nick

There is plenty of room on mine. Like I said earlier call Mark and find out the measurements and go bakc to see if it work for yours.

Page four of my build shows what it looks like with mine. Just click on to my '66 fj40- build

Yeah it's a pretty nice setup. The fuel intake and return fittings are on the top of the tank right next to each other, which is nice, and overall the thing is high quality. I must admit however that the filler neck that is sent with the tank, sucks. Do yourself a favor if you want this tank kit and find a used older-style con-fer filler neck with an angled tube, or make one yourself. The sharp downturn in the filler neck from this setup plays havoc with the gas pumps Ive seen.

Same general location as the old con fer tanks. just behind the passenger rear wheel arch.

I like that spot. I am eventually going to relocate mine because I bought some IPOR fender flares and they partially cover the opening for the filler area on the quarter panel. I like the idea of moving it to the back which still makes it easy access.

Nick

Nick,

I have one of these (still in the box, as making the Mistress run is more important), and looking at everything the components look good. I also have talked to the person actually making them for Mark, and I really trust his work and products...

If you need some measurements, or want to help me install mine (for the experience), just let me know!

Nick,

I have one of these (still in the box, as making the Mistress run is more important), and looking at everything the components look good. I also have talked to the person actually making them for Mark, and I really trust his work and products...

If you need some measurements, or want to help me install mine (for the experience), just let me know!

Will you take some more pictures of it. I've got a bunch of other things to do but this is on my long list of things to do. What is the capacity?

Nick

Will you take some more pictures of it. I've got a bunch of other things to do but this is on my long list of things to do. What is the capacity?

Nick

Just got back home from week on the road... Will take pics and measurements for you

Nick,

22 gallon capacity... measures 30 inches wide, 18 inches depth (to back), 12.5 inches tall; has a sloping rear area so back doesn't hang down...
width 30 inches - web.jpg
Tall 12o5 inches - web.jpg
depth 18 inches - web.jpg

And some other pictures so you can see the angle and bottom...
back angle -web.jpg
looking at bottom - web.jpg

Marks off road fuel tank

I have one on my 1977 FJ40. I am lifted 2.4 inches with 2" shackels and it fits just fine. You will need to watch how your exhaust is routed and move it from the tank. I have set up with an electric fuel pump and switching valve. I can switch between the main tank and the aux tank. I used a cool digital fuel gauge that reads gallons.

This is one of the best mods I have done.

And some other pictures so you can see the angle and bottom...

Thanks for the pics. When you get it mounted, if you can, will you send me a pic of it mounted in place. Looks like a really good product.

Nick

Nick,

Based on your pictures it would appear that Fuel Safe is no longer making these for Mark? Is your cell like a Fuel Safe with the internal bladder bag or is it a poly tank with baffles? Does it come with the top plate and all the hardware shown in the picture with the Fuel Safe cell?

Based on your pictures it would appear that Fuel Safe is no longer making these for Mark? Is your cell like a Fuel Safe with the internal bladder bag or is it a poly tank with baffles? Does it come with the top plate and all the hardware shown in the picture with the Fuel Safe cell?
It is one and the same... comes with all the hardware... including fuel sensor (matching the stock sensor in the front tank, so I can use an electric switch and valve, and the stock gauge in the dash will reflect the tank in use...

I just haven't mounted anything yet, as I am trying to get the Mistress running again before adding accessories...

I have one I purchased from Jim C. at Downey about 2 years ago. Looks like the exact same configuration to me. It fit under my 74 FJ40 fine until I converted to a toyota 5-speed late last year and flipped the rear springs to get additional driveshaft length. The aux tank was then too close to the rear differential with an OME 2.5 lift and extended shackles. Solution was IPOR did a SOA conversion to provide room for axle articulation without hitting the tank. Delighted with how it all turned out, but significantly more work than I thought I was going into. I had to explain to the spousal unit that it was a very expensive $4000 auxiliary tank.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom