Amicalola May 15th (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2000UZJ

Where's My Hammer?
Threads
So my small ride has made it to expo, tacomaworld, a few rover sites and I believe a few more. Just wanted to see if any of you guys would be interested. Here is the post from another forum...

Alright, here is what I have in mind

------------------------

Alright, down to business. As most of you aren't from the same location, I'll have to make a meeting place, we (group that is leading the trip, members from IH8MUD.COM, including me that is coordinating the whole thing) will be meeting at 9AM on May 15th (set date) at StarBucks in Alpherretta GA , obviously if you are north of amicalola then you can just meet us up there, but it would be nice to have a convoy roll up together.

Address is here:
StarBucks Coffee
5315 Windward Parkway, Alpharetta - (770) 772-0228

once we meet up we can have coffee and whatever else and then be on our way. We will then drive in a convoy to Amicalola falls and run the main trail, when we get done with that those who do not want to continue can break off and hit the highway back home, we will have a lunch at a restuaraunt in the state park, then follow the guy that knows all the FS trails up north. It will be about a 1 hour drive depending on traffic ETC... crossing "Blood Mountain" is always fun in a lifted armored rig . Send me a email for any questions and contact info so I may put you on the list.

deftones997@aol.com

So far we have about 7 people from IH8MUD coming, lets try to get a few more on the list and have some fun.

Now, for those who don't know the trails and those who have been there, they have severly washed out over the past winter with all the ice storms and rain. There is a good chance of using your skids and sliders if you have a LWB or have a mild lift... But there are many lines you can take, so no worries. Park entry is 5$ and I'm not sure there is a way around it but might as well pay it and have a good time.

Nick
2000uzj

no takers?

This is also the weekend between Mud4Blood/Bowling4Beers and the Pig Roast, so if people are going to those events they might not make it to this. Are you coming to either one of those events?

This is also the weekend between Mud4Blood/Bowling4Beers and the Pig Roast, so if people are going to those events they might not make it to this. Are you coming to either one of those events?

I'll make it to the M4B, not sure about the Pig Roast, I would like to though. I could swing all 3 if time and everything goes the way I would like it.

I thought M4B was the 1 and Pig roast the 8th. that would make Amicalola after both those events. Quite the month for GA Cruisers and wheeling, if you come to amicalola that is.

I'll make it to the M4B, not sure about the Pig Roast, I would like to though. I could swing all 3 if time and everything goes the way I would like it.

I thought M4B was the 1 and Pig roast the 8th. that would make Amicalola after both those events. Quite the month for GA Cruisers and wheeling, if you come to amicalola that is.

My fault....your Amicalola ride is between the Pig Roast and the Traci City ride

Also the weekend of Olde North State Cruiser ride in Uwharrie National Forest!!!

But then again you Georgia boys think the world ends at the state line!
Okracoke State of Mind.jpg
DSC00304.jpg
DSC00520.jpg

But then again you Georgia boys think the world ends at the state line!

You goin' to TN with us in the next few weeks? :flipoff2:

You goin' to TN with us in the next few weeks? :flipoff2:
GSMTR??? You Betcha (He said with a Sarah Palin Accent!) I got to claim that $1500 Clams!!!

GSMTR??? You Betcha (He said with a Sarah Palin Accent!) I got to claim that $1500 Clams!!!

actually referring to Tracy City :grinpimp:

:grinpimp:See I told ya I have trouble paying attention!!!:grinpimp:

How built does a 100 need to be to run on these trails? I am just curious, i am relatively new to the area and new to the 100. But would love to do some exploring in the area, even though i am not a GA member. But SC is close enough right? Also, how long of a day is the ride? There"s a new baby in our house and i cant be gone to long...

The "ride" is about an hour of dedicated thrashing and it can be done in a stock 2wd 4Runner by somebody with skills and nutz to do it. Any stock 4x4 can do them.
The rhododendron are a bit over-grown and pinstripes are likely though.

Here's our last big camping trip up there in a little presentation I did. There's a brief video in it of part of Old Bucktown at the big V-ditches; please note the Lexus:
YouTube - Country Fried Weekend 2010

Not likely to be ice in 2 weeks.

Ice is tricky.

Minus the ice that is the most recent video I have of the trail condition. No ice, but ice is fun in certain areas. Not so much in the off camber not so level with a tree or drop off right next to you :eek:

That looks great, minus the lce. I will see if i can peal away for a day, but can't be sure. I would have to pull off my running board first. My wife wants me to keep, but i hate them. Not only do they look stupid, I hit my shins on them everyday... Ugh...

2000UZJ, how did you paint your wheels? Powdercoat, rattle can? They look great. Your hundy is exactly how I want mine, someday far down the road. It looks really nice.

That looks great, minus the lce. I will see if i can peal away for a day, but can't be sure. I would have to pull off my running board first. My wife wants me to keep, but i hate them. Not only do they look stupid, I hit my shins on them everyday... Ugh...

You may be able to squeeze through with running boards. It's your call, its very easy to pull them off and put them back on. Or you could always have mother nature do the job :hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom