Does the FJ come in a full time 4wd model? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

manual IS fulltime 4WD............torsen/locking center

automatic is part time 4WD

The manual transmission models also come with the rear diff lock as a standard feature, unlike the automatics ;)

The manual transmission models also come with the rear diff lock as a standard feature, unlike the automatics ;)

The rear diff lock is available for the automatics so its not an issue in either. The buyer just has to be smart enough to make sure the FJC they are buying has the rear diff lock installed...

How do you make sure?

The rear diff lock for the automatics used to be part of an upgrade package in Canada, although it is now a standard feature on both transmissions.

Best way to check is the same as on an 80. Stick your head under there and look at the rear axle ;)

The rear diff lock for the automatics used to be part of an upgrade package in Canada, although it is now a standard feature on both transmissions.

Best way to check is the same as on an 80. Stick your head under there and look at the rear axle ;)

Wouldnt it be easier to just look for the button.......or read the window sticker thing:meh:

or maybe just look at the Tcase, it wil say Hh all the way back closest to you!

??? :confused:

I thought we were talking about the rear locker? If I were buying something used, I'd crawl underneath to verify. There have been a couple unscrupulous sellers who just plugged switch blanks with switches but had no locker. There are wires with connectors there but without the locker, it won't work (obviously)...

Wouldnt it be easier to just look for the button.......or read the window sticker thing:meh:
If you're buying new off a Toyota lot, yes.

??? :confused:

I thought we were talking about the rear locker? If I were buying something used, I'd crawl underneath to verify. There have been a couple unscrupulous sellers who just plugged switch blanks with switches but had no locker. There are wires with connectors there but without the locker, it won't work (obviously)...

X2 on checking it out when buying used. I seem to recall a couple incidences in the 80s section of buyers getting a fancy switch with nothing to back it up :doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom