Los Alamos Cruiser restoration? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all,

I'm temporarily working in Los Alamos, and tonight coming home from a bike ride I spotted an FJ40 frame sitting on saw horses in someone's driveway, looks to be undergoing a restoration. Anybody know who that might be?

Where was it? White Rock or LA?

It's in Los Alamos, on Trinity just west of Diamond.

you could googilfy it so's some genius here can gis it and find the land-owner.
edit: that works in bernco anyway...

Or Matt could leave a happy hello note from Rising Sun and HDC on the windscreen...

you could googilfy it so's some genius here can gis it and find the land-owner.
edit: that works in bernco anyway...

Do not have to have GIS. Go to the local library and look up the address in the Polk City Directory or Hudspeth, IF the property is withing city limits. Polk city directory will list the owner and phone number.

A GIS will only work if the county/city/town has put their parcel data into a GIS.

Last edited:
Do not have to have GIS. Go to the local library and look up the address in the Polk City Directory or Hudspeth ....

:confused: dunno what you're talking about, I read Los Alamos NM, which'd be LA County, etc. Dude's on TDY frm elsewhere.... :rolleyes:

A GIS will only work if the county/city/town has put their parcel data into a GIS.

^ true dat, LA's interface is not very user friendly. Los Alamos County GIS Disclaimer

:confused: dunno what you're talking about, I read Los Alamos NM, which'd be LA County, etc. Dude's on TDY frm elsewhere.... :rolleyes:

Polk City Directories are pretty neat. I use them for work. Most larger towns and cities will have these types of city directories. Think of them as a reverse telephone book, you look up the address in question and the directory provides you with a name and phone number. Most city directories have listing back to the 1930's. In addition, you can look up address by subject, similar to modern telephone books.

Los Alamos County GIS Disclaimer[/URL]

It looks like Los Alamos had some extra money to buy a license for ArcGIS server, then had no idea how to use it. Or perhaps they are just building the GIS server interface?

Anyway, the point is that if anyone is reading this and locates a vehicle and wants to call the property owner, go down to the local library or university to see if Polk or Hudspeth's City Directories exist for the area. If they do, look up the address and obtain the property owner's name and phone number.

Hoped this help to clarify.

^ awesome, learned something today. Used a Thomas Guide whilst moto-couriering in LA (the city), and know our Dispatch has reverse 911: didn't realize they were available at the company level, what w/all the Census workers knocking on Fire Station doors to look at our maps. :shrug:

Muchas gracias!

I don't understand what you guys are talking about concerning Polk or Hudspeth city directories....but I tried knocking on the door this afternoon. Since it's just a frame sitting on saw horses I don't think I could attach a note to the windscreen ;p

Anyway it looks like it has motor mounts for a V8 possibly, I was just curious if it was anybody on the board here or if any of yous guys knew who this cat might be :smokin:

Anyway if I get a chance to meet whoever this is I'll let you guys know and give him a props to hit y'all up! :D

EDIT: just reread the posts and now I think I understand what you're saying...didn't know that you could do that...could come in handy some day...:hmm:. Thanks for the learnin!

Go to the local library and look up the address in the Polk City Directory or Hudspeth, IF the property is withing city limits. Polk city directory will list the owner and phone number.

Sounds like someone has done a Phase I or two. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom