Need others opinions.... I realize what I'm asking, lol (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So... we are getting ready to order tires and wheels. I've decided to stick with the 33's, but change the width from 12.5's to 10.5's, the question I am asking is what color wheel do you think I should go with?

We have painted the FJ a Tan/Sand color and I have left the Bezel and Cap white. I sort of like the matte black wheels, but my wife likes the white wheels... I'm just wondering what ya'll think?

Pink.

You should paint your wheels pink.

....shakes head.... now my daughter might like that, she's already asked fro me to change one of the rear seat covers to pink... ah.... I said no, lol

seriously though,

I don't have wheels yet, I guess that's the other questions, I can find black ones from a varity of places, but where would you recommend getting "stock steelies?"

My steelies are white. When I finally get around to repainting, I will keep them white. I talked to CDAN a while ago, he mentioned that the white wheels were available from the dealer in white. As my rig still has the original paint, I am assuming the wheels are original color too.

Like 1911 said , they are still available from Toyota. I think I read here somewhere that they come painted black . I've seen several 40's with the black factory wheels... looks real nice. I like the white too..... mine are white.

My steelies are white. When I finally get around to repainting, I will keep them white. I talked to CDAN a while ago, he mentioned that the white wheels were available from the dealer in white. As my rig still has the original paint, I am assuming the wheels are original color too.

White wheels on a 09/72 40 series?

White wheels on a 09/72 40 series?

I know, sounds not quite right. Especially when I converted to disk brakes. I had one rim that was welded, the other four were riveted. But all rims where white. I did see a post sometime last where a dealer brochure had a photo with an FJ40 with white wheels.

Like 1911 said , they are still available from Toyota. I think I read here somewhere that they come painted black . I've seen several 40's with the black factory wheels... looks real nice. I like the white too..... mine are white.

They are painted black. I ordered one back in December from Toyota.

tbear.jpg

Poser,

Yes, I am aware of "messaging", I did send a PM; I just haven't heard back yet. I was looking for a quicker response, as I was going to order them today.

rezaf has you basic white spoked wheels available at any tire store 30-50 a peice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom