www.hoosiercruiser.org - redesign. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.madorbit.com
I am going to be rebuilding the website this summer. Since it is everyone's site I need your input as to what you would like to see included. We are going to keep it fairly basic. The goal is something along the lines of "Hey here's what we do, go to this website to check it out." Another thought is it may help to get more people to join if they see that we are actually still actively doing things that are a ton of fun.

So please put your thoughts in this thread as to what you would like to see on the site. We will consider them, and decide how feasible or appropriate they are, and move forward from there.

I will put together several prototypes and we can all vote on which one we will have. That information can be found in this thread when it is ready.

I will contact Woody & see if there's a way to pull or reference personal/garage information right from mud we should be able use the information that is found here rather than having ANOTHER username and password.
We can sell parts on mud, so we don't need a garage sale section.

Here's a list of things that I think should be included.

• home page with navigational links
  • Bylaws with a downloadable PDF version
  • Membership application (online form and PDF version)
  • a link to a schedule that refers to a thread that we have here on mud.
  • Contact information for the people in charge and anyone else who wants to be found.
  • Who's who section
  • trail run checklist (safety & otherwise)
  • Links (check your favorites & contribute please)
  • I would like to have an event photo gallery with comments, but that's for everyone to decide.

Thank you all for contributing, this is everyone's website, so pitch in!

~Mike Lypp

Mike- I think it is AWESOME that you have the skills and the enthusiasm to do this for the club. I'm psyched.

Luke

Hey Mike. Thanks for taking the time to write this up and start a thread. Thanks in advance for the work you will do on our site. I will just throw out another idea. How about a page for each member to maintain that highlights their interests and helps to introduce them to other members? There could be pictures members might want to upload to show their rig(s), etc.

Mike thanks for taking this over, it has needed some updating for a while. I think your list is fairly complete as to what we need for the site. All I would add is something about the Hoedown(the run in Aug. each year) being a fund raiser for Rileys Childrens Hosp., this would give Tony(who kinda runs this event) or others a place to send companies that we are seeking donated prizes from. Plus it helps show that we are having fun and doing some good for others at the same time.

Just my .02

Mark

Great ideas guys, I messaged woody and he said 'no way' on pulling info from MUDs databases. No problem, if we're going to have our own garage pages it's not a big deal anyway. The only down side is that means ANOTHER username and password. What's one more anyway?

Keep the ideas coming! Don't forget to comb through your favorites and post up some useful sources for parts, tools, ideas, how-to's like these...

New Weber Carb Baseline jetting Reference Chart

BORE 4 BOLT FLANGE Pacific Northwest Bearing

And whatever else. Make sure you like the company, and have had a reasonable experience with them. Pacific Northwest Bearing was awesome and seriously $7.50 for that bearing?!?! It worked perfectly for my Saginaw conversion.

I'll put together some stuff this weekend for everyone to look at.

~Mike

Mike thanks for taking this over, it has needed some updating for a while. I think your list is fairly complete as to what we need for the site. All I would add is something about the Hoedown(the run in Aug. each year) being a fund raiser for Rileys Childrens Hosp., this would give Tony(who kinda runs this event) or others a place to send companies that we are seeking donated prizes from. Plus it helps show that we are having fun and doing some good for others at the same time.

Just my .02

Mark

Right on Mark.

I've been working a bit on this webpage. Check it out & let me know what you think. I haven't looked at it on a Winblows computer with IE7 or 8 yet, so it may look a little different. I'll check it out tomorrow when I get to work.

Hoosiercruiser-1

there's no content yet to speak of, except the bylaws page, that was an easy one. I'm really looking for feedback on the colors, layout, etc. It's really just grey right now.

Does anyone have any info on the original site? How to access it, or change where the domain name is pointing or anything really? Let me know.

Mike

Mike,
I don't have any feedback on the original site but nice job on what you have done! I really like the rolling pics at the top, very cool!!

Registrant:
Tim Bridges

2503 E Covenanter Dr
Bloomington, Indiana 47401
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy)
Domain Name: HOOSIERCRUISER.ORG
Created on: 23-Jun-99
Expires on: 23-Jun-11
Last Updated on: 14-Jun-09

Administrative Contact:
Bridges, Timothy timbridges@gotoartifex.com
899 S College Mall Rd
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana 47401
United States
+1.8123254686 Fax -- +1.7653820512

Technical Contact:
Rainbolt, David david_rainbolt@boltcs.com
Bolt Computer Services, Inc.
1174 LIBERTY DR
INDIANAPOLIS, Indiana 46234-9757
United States
+1.317409381 Fax -- +1.123123123

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.BOLTCS.NET
NS2.BOLTCS.NET

Bolt Computer Services, Inc. - all stages of web development and web programming. is where it's presently hosted.
Domain Names, Web Hosting and SSL Certificates - Go Daddy is where it's registered.
Tim is the contact for any site changes.

tried the link 3 times...waited a minute each time...no page appeared...

fire your host.

Buncha non-HC members in those pics.

there goes your invitation to any future events ;)

4th try was the charm...sharp page...

however, knowing other club sites, the Member Garages is a nice idea, but expect about 10% participation...unless you chase down all the content...the site will be 75% what you put in, 20% of what you beg and plead from others, 5% what you get voluntarily :)

Smart to use Wordpress too...too many people try 'new blingy software' and the next admin won't like it and will change it to their own 'newer blingy software'...TLCA dealt with this for a while, every new webslave wanted to leave their mark...

"I like it!!"

-Robocop.....Beuler Beuler....

Yeah it was way frickin' slow for me too lastnight. I'm a little pissed about that. It may be the theme that I am using. I don't think it's the host to be completely honest with you. I spent most of the time messing with the photos. I'm going to debug the theme as much as possible. There is a ton of documentation about it. I'll get into the nitty-gritty after the framework has been laid out. Of course this is just the preliminary approval. The official one will be on its own hosting.

Woody, do you have a recommendation as far as hosting is concerned? I am open to all suggestions. I'm not sure where the current site is set up, and honestly I'm not impressed with Aplus.net for a lot of reasons. I'm just too lazy to move all of my sites right now.

Gumby They're all of the people that we hang out with; Wether or not they are members at this point. The board can make anyone an honorary member according to the Bylaws. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom