Shackle question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Needing some info on fixing the shackle angle on the 40. The current shackles were installed when the new springs were installed, but now that they've settled, the shackles seem too short. The 40 sits a little lower in the rear and the shackle angle is off. Should I get longer shackles or does the mounting point need to be moved back? The current shackles measure 3.5 inches from the center of each pin.

Thanks
shackle1.jpg
shackle2.jpg

i would start by making some longer shackles, mayb an inch longer

shouldnt b to terrible.

I still need to fix the PO's weld on this but it should give you some reference to length. The holes are almost inline vertically, not that it has to be like this but it does give you the best chance of full spring extension. It looks like the mount is too far forward on your rig. It looks like longer springs.
DSC06361.jpg

Last edited:
78-FJ40, add an inch to the shackle and I bet it'll look much better.

I still need to fix the PO's weld on this but it should give you some reference to length. The holes are almost inline vertically, not that it has to be like this but it does give you the best chance of full spring extension. It looks like the mount is too far forward on your rig. It looks like longer springs.

IMO, that shackle is too vertical. Ideal would be halfway between 78-FJ40's picture and yours.

I made a set of shackles and would definitely say to do it yourself. (If I can do it anyone can:))

My question is that mine look almost vertical as in the above post and I'm wondering if I make a set a little shorter will that give them a better angle? Or do I need to go a little longer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom