can a 12HT-Turbo be had @ toyota dealer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
been looking for 1 of these engine's,wanted to see if i could get it from dealer,or just the block some where to start .What do ya think,

Aussie dealers ran out of 12HT parts years ago. They only sell maintenance items like injector tips or bearings

engine swap

want to swap out my 3fe,for a 12HT-turbo into my 91 fj80,same as Stone did to his 91fj80,trying to find 1 of these engine's is like looking for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbo.can any 1 tell me if this motor was used in any thing other than a suv,forklift or just the suv.

Rexman...no one has a 12H-T available? Even from Japan or Oz? How about Japan4x4? Maybe become Rosco's new best friend? :D

Seriously though...sorry to hear you're having a hard time finding one. Sort of a reason why I felt I needed to jump on it.

Nope, none available at the moment. I am looking for them every day... these are starting to get scarce, and the only things going through auction in Japan are junk-mobiles.

~John

Back up plan

As c-dan said to me trying to find parts for 1 after ya ever find 1 will be hard to get a hold of because they where never ment for the U.S.A.,,So the back up plan is Looking for a small block chevy engine that was used in a tracked vehicle called a m114,a 283 24 volt -waterproofed dist and braided wires,just missed 1 4 sale,or just a small block to drop in,nice and simple no extra hoses valves and all ya have to deal with ,just open the hood and say if ya had a little fire under there,your ?????ed,all i want is a little more power and simple fixes,

I once asked how much it would be to order a complete 22RE from the dealer. The price turned out to be $17,000 Even if you could get a 12HT from a dealer, I'm pretty sure it wouldnt be worth it.

want to swap out my 3fe,for a 12HT-turbo into my 91 fj80,same as Stone did to his 91fj80,trying to find 1 of these engine's is like looking for a pot of gold at the end of the rainbo.can any 1 tell me if this motor was used in any thing other than a suv,forklift or just the suv.

The 12HT is not the only turbo diesel available. The 1HD T is the factory turbo diesel for an 80 series and new parts can still purchased(and sometimes complete new long engines).
Its also shown itself to be an extremely long lasting engine (with maintenance) and has more power than a 12HT;)

The 12HT was possibly used in the Coaster bus but I do not have firm evidence,only a reference to a model code

Hello,

The engine block alone lists for US$ 11,000.00, according to ToyoDIY.com. Toss in another five or six grand for the other parts and you have a number. I thinks this is expensive.

You should try a 1HD-T or a 1HZ and a turbo.

Juan

I dont blame him for wanting a 12H-T.

1hd-t will it bolt up to my trany

or will i have to change it also,i'll start looking for 1,seee if it is as hard to find as th 12 HT-Turbo,near me .Yes stone i would like to try a diesel swap in my fj80,i think it would be cool and something to do because people have told me ya can't do that,it was like when george told every 1 he was going to put these portal axle's under and have it on the road in a week or 2 at the most,they told him i/them been building mine for 2 years now and y won't get it done in that short time wala ,now it was your the man,plus with the price of gas and as few miles as ya get ,i think diesel is the way to go ,unless i had a bunch of batterys and a way to use them/hybred then it would be realy cool,now c-dan is running water and mehanol ,don.t know how that works,but will look for 1HD-Turbo,any idea what the asking price is ,rexman

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom