compression a 12ht - tool (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

rideglobally

Nullacruiser
Threads
Website
forum.ih8mud.com
i am looking for the tool to do a compression check on a 12ht, i have not found a place in Los Angeles, California that has one. the part number of the tool according to the manual is 09992 00023 or is there a way to make one homemade or a shop in Los Angeles who has done compression check on a 12ht? thanks :bang:

We have a modified tester made from, I think, a Cummins tester.

~John

will this compression tester work on the 12ht?

here is the respond i got from the Australian Ebay when i ask about one of their product. Will it work on a 12ht? Answer, "yes, if your injectors have the same thread size M10 TO M18 range that most do have in there size nuts it will test your engine thanks"

is that the thread size of the injectors? thanks:cheers:

The tester you need is not threaded so its probably safe to assume what they have will not work. I have not seen a kit of any type on ebay that has the correct fitting for the direct injected toyotas (doesnt mean it doesnt exist)

You can make one yourself. I used a 5" 3/8 threaded hose nipple from the plumbing section of the hardware store coupled with a reducing coupler on the top end (3/8 to 1/8 reducer). You can then take the common compression tester bits included in most kits that allow you to test through the glow plug hole and thread one of those through the reducer on your pipe. This allows connection of the gauge.

Now the hard part. You need to weld a flange to the 3/8 pipe and put two holes in it so you can secure it to the head for your test.

Cost about $7 and its not pretty but it works fine.

reading the manual it say " install a gage to the injector nozzle hole" i take that to mean that the gage is threaded to the injector hole. i don't understand what you mean by "The tester you need is not threaded".

the other option i am thinking if the ebay tester does not work it to take an injector nozzle maybe drill it out and attached a hose and a gage on it.

The tester you need is not threaded so its probably safe to assume what they have will not work. I have not seen a kit of any type on ebay that has the correct fitting for the direct injected toyotas (doesnt mean it doesnt exist)

You can make one yourself. I used a 5" 3/8 threaded hose nipple from the plumbing section of the hardware store coupled with a reducing coupler on the top end (3/8 to 1/8 reducer). You can then take the common compression tester bits included in most kits that allow you to test through the glow plug hole and thread one of those through the reducer on your pipe. This allows connection of the gauge.

Now the hard part. You need to weld a flange to the 3/8 pipe and put two holes in it so you can secure it to the head for your test.

Cost about $7 and its not pretty but it works fine.

reading the manual it say " install a gage to the injector nozzle hole" i take that to mean that the gage is threaded to the injector hole. i don't understand what you mean by "The tester you need is not threaded".

the other option i am thinking if the ebay tester does not work it to take an injector nozzle maybe drill it out and attached a hose and a gage on it.

The injector hole on a 12HT is not threaded. The inejector itself is held into the hole by 2 studs and 12mm nuts.

You could use a 12ht injector body as the basis for building a tester , but its not like they grow on trees.

thanks very helpful, i will check with SOR to see if there is an old cheap injectors. i did not realize they don't screw on.:cheers:

The injector hole on a 12HT is not threaded. The inejector itself is held into the hole by 2 studs and 12mm nuts.

You could use a 12ht injector body as the basis for building a tester , but its not like they grow on trees.

For the Diesel compression kits I have , I can use the glow plug that if it is inserted into the Cyl , precup or direct into the cyl , then that is the threaded in tester type.

Never bend the Injector feed lines is also a RULE. Remove as a complete set / piece ..

VT

Here's what one looks like:
12HTcomptester.jpg

maybe the hino injectors are similar? w04c hinos(common in US spec box trucks) have injectors held in by two studs. saw this on ebay and thought while expensive it might get you some specs(diameter, etc) from the part number?

We have a modified tester made from, I think, a Cummins tester.

~John

Doesn't anyone ever actually read anything around here anymore????

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Hello...?? Anyone...??? how much spoon-feeding do you need...????

Pick up a tool catalogue and do a little homework. It really is not that hard to do.

Really...

~John
PS: I even provided a picture of the one we modified

thanks, i am looking into using the body of a 12ht injector, i maybe able to get a damage injector for 25. dollars, from SOR, i will see.:cheers:

Doesn't anyone ever actually read anything around here anymore????

:bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::bang:

Hello...?? Anyone...??? how much spoon-feeding do you need...????

Pick up a tool catalogue and do a little homework. It really is not that hard to do.

Really...

~John
PS: I even provided a picture of the one we modified

fuel nozzle injector damage

i took out my fuel injectors today to get them tested and maybe rebuild. all the injectors came out no problem except #5 i had to pry it out of there. when i finally got it out i found out that there was a lot of carbon build up in there. i have two question 1. what causes the carbon build up, 2. does anyone know how i can get a new fuel injector assembly for a 12ht?...thx :bang:

Made from a Case/Cummins 17mm injector adapter for compression testing.

Napa Listing:

Line Code ULT
Part Number 95003R12
Description Compression Tester Adapter

Make a plate the uses the two studs to hold the tester into place a per my image above. You also need the diesel gauge set - ULT 95003 which comes with some common adapters, or the more deluxe gauge set that has the above adapter included ULT 95004.

~John

Thanks John,
this is very helpful, I am going to napa tomm.:bounce:

Made from a Case/Cummins 17mm injector adapter for compression testing.

Napa Listing:

Line Code ULT
Part Number 95003R12
Description Compression Tester Adapter

Make a plate the uses the two studs to hold the tester into place a per my image above. You also need the diesel gauge set - ULT 95003 which comes with some common adapters, or the more deluxe gauge set that has the above adapter included ULT 95004.

~John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom