NOOB from TN (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's up?! ************

I bought a 69' FJ40 back in February. I've wanted one since I was a kid. My uncle had a 68' that he has completely restored and I've always drooled over it and I finally got one. Mine has the original F engine (rebuilt of course with loads of new parts) and the original 3 speed trans. It's a crawler for sure. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi. Thanks for the awesome forum. I've already read through quite a bit of the FAQ section and it has already expanded my knowledge base. I especially like the section on death wobble. I've got a real random issue with that that I'm trying to figure out. Anyways, PICS!

When I bought it and first brought it home:
DSCF0470.jpg

DSCF0471.jpg

DSCF0467.jpg

Just took the top off and off it shall stay until probably mid October as it has a garage to sleep in.
0417100002.jpg

0417100003.jpg

See you around guys.:cheers:

Looks great, have fun with it ! Like the color too !!:beer:

Good looking rig. A friend of mine and fellow FJ owner goes to MTSU you may see him around.

Good looking rig. A friend of mine and fellow FJ owner goes to MTSU you may see him around.

Sweet! I'm trying to meet the locals. What does his look like? I can spot them a mile away. :p

Jeepers can't though. I was cruising through town this past weekend and got thumbs up from several jeepers. Just as soon as they would smile and wave, you would see their expression change and they would do that confused dog thing where they tilt their head to side. I even saw one guy mouth, "TOY-OH-TAH?". It was priceless

Welcome. Nice Land Cruiser. Did the previous owner cut the wheel wells or did you?

The PO did it. Currently running 31x10.50 Toyo A/T's in there. :meh: They are good tires but don't do this beast justice at all. Would like to throw some 33" M/T pizza cutters on the steel wheels. I like the retro expedition trecker look of pizza cutters with a real blocky tread. I was thinking about going to some black 15"x7" steelys with 33" KM2's but I really don't plan on wheeling this rig that hard but you never know.. famous last words :rolleyes: . Also KM2's are not exactly "el' cheapo" either. Any recommendations? I'm pushing the stock F engine so I really don't want to zap my power. It feels good and nice and torquey right now but you know.

btw, thanks for the welcome here today.

nice rig---like the color as well-------forty's look so much better with the tops off........BTW welcome to the forum

fj1.jpg

fj5.jpg

ARFCOMAVATAR.jpg

Its the green one/doodoo brown My old one is the orange one and the white one is his moms.

the 1f can turn 33s all day long fat or skinny no worries there
what i would worry about though are those crazy long shackles :eek:

other than that great looking cruiser! :flipoff2:

the 1f can turn 33s all day long fat or skinny no worries there
what i would worry about though are those crazy long shackles :eek:

other than that great looking cruiser! ************

Thanks. Yeah the shackles are a little crazy looking. Functionally they perform better than they look but I'm still not crazy about them. I think they were the PO's attempt to compensate for sagging leaf springs. It's on the to do list for sure. First thing first though, I need a new brake booster. Any hook-ups out there? I need the next gen booster after the 69'. The kind that runs into two fluid reservoirs (not the single skinny one). Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom