Plug and play wiring kit for 91' HDJ81? (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I just put a hitch on my 81 and now need 4 pin conection. Does anyone know if there is a plug+play wiring kit available that I could use? I dont want to pay for a custom wiring job and cut into my wiring if I dont need to. Would a kit for an 91' FJ80 work? Any ideas? Thanks

hoppy or someone makes one. Exact same as the fj80s...
Plug in and play

do a search on mud i have found it before

Ah but yes the hoppy connector, sorry man no dice. Altho hoppy lists it for the 90 and up 80 series the 90 to 93 's have different wiring pigtails than the later in which the hoppy actually fits.

Got mine from 4wheel Auto and it's listed on the site. Haven't installed yet - but it's supposed to be plug and play for HDJ81's per Don.

You don't have to "cut" into the fatory wires to use an aftermarket logic box...just use the splicing connectors.

I recently changed mine to a unit from Draw Tite that has a battery (+) supply wire, which powers the trailer lights separately from the truck's circuit. Good thing about this setup is there are no additional loads on the vehicle's light circuit to power the trailer lights...and having to run a decent (+) wire from my isolated battery to the back to supply the trailer logic box means it's also convenient to run an aux. cigarette lighter and inverter from the same supply wire.

Just a thought.

You don't have to "cut" into the fatory wires to use an aftermarket logic box...just use the splicing connectors.

I recently changed mine to a unit from Draw Tite that has a battery (+) supply wire, which powers the trailer lights separately from the truck's circuit. Good thing about this setup is there are no additional loads on the vehicle's light circuit to power the trailer lights...and having to run a decent (+) wire from my isolated battery to the back to supply the trailer logic box means it's also convenient to run an aux. cigarette lighter and inverter from the same supply wire.

Just a thought.

I'm going the third battery route in the rear for aux, but don't want to fry anything towing my sled. Wouldn't the system be designed to accomodate the additional load?

I'm going the third battery route in the rear for aux, but don't want to fry anything towing my sled. Wouldn't the system be designed to accomodate the additional load?

I'm sure the vehicle's electrical system can handle the extra load of a few trailer lights...lots of people have been doing this for a long time without much issue. I think that the logic box I ended up choosing is a better way of hooking up trailer lights...but either method would work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom