Jerkin' some jerky (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Spook50

Skål
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Got the smoker set up in the garage and got some jerky curing right now. 'Nother few hours and it should be done. First batch in probably about 10 years. Hopefully it won't suck :eek:

Now our luggage smells like alder :doh:

Got the smoker set up in the garage and got some jerky curing right now. 'Nother few hours and it should be done. First batch in probably about 10 years. Hopefully it won't suck :eek:

Now our luggage smells like alder :doh:

:lol:

We can't walk near our woodshed without the smell of smoked meat smacking us in the face!

How'd you prep the meat? Ground or sliced muscle? I've been making jerky for over 20 years and I'm a picky SOB about mine. :cheers:

:lol:

We can't walk near our woodshed without the smell of smoked meat smacking us in the face!

How'd you prep the meat? Ground or sliced muscle? I've been making jerky for over 20 years and I'm a picky SOB about mine. :cheers:

This was just a quick n' dirty batch. Used the Luhr Jensen seasoning mix, alder chips and a flank steak, cut perpendicular to the grain. I might have to get some recipes from you so I can try some different methods and cuts. If I can get myself into smoking as much as I used to, I might invest in one of those fancy ones they have at Cabela's that has the automatic hopper and the pressed-together discs of wood.

I used to smoke alot back in the day, but there's so much to it I've always considered myself a novice. Though my salmon came out FANTASTIC once I perfected my brine recipe and figured out a better smoking process. Used a Little Chief back them. Have a Big Chief now.

This was just a quick n' dirty batch. Used the Luhr Jensen seasoning mix, alder chips and a flank steak, cut perpendicular to the grain. I might have to get some recipes from you so I can try some different methods and cuts. If I can get myself into smoking as much as I used to, I might invest in one of those fancy ones they have at Cabela's that has the automatic hopper and the pressed-together discs of wood.

I used to smoke alot back in the day, but there's so much to it I've always considered myself a novice. Though my salmon came out FANTASTIC once I perfected my brine recipe and figured out a better smoking process. Used a Little Chief back them. Have a Big Chief now.

Gladly, just let me know. Mesquite gives a tangier smoke flavor, hickory and alder are more mild. You don't need that fancy junk, just find an old all metal refrigerator with the compressor in the bottom. That + $50ish will get you the best smoker known to mankind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom