introducing my 45 camper special (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

3_puppies

SILVER Star
Threads
words really can't describe this rig!
P4050002.JPG
P4050003.JPG
P4050004.JPG

Paul, I have to say I'm not totally surprised,because these trucks attract a strange group,Oh I guess thats us! Lets see the little gem under the hood! I say KEEP the cabover!!! Some nice cedar sideing and a little tlc and youve got an expo rig,,,,:beer:

Looks roomy !
I guess we all are wondering, when are ya gonna move in?

the PO had a propane heater, you can see the vent in the last pic above, also had a 3 burner stove with oven mounted in there.

here are some more pics.

it was a little top heavy on the trailer.

after the surgery, the whole unit was mounted using 6 3/8" bolts, 3 on each bed rail. plus the 2 2x4's up front.
P4060010.JPG
P4140005.JPG
P4140007.JPG

and a few from inside

dig the orange shag, must have been a rare factory color!

and the main buying point from my prospective..........joining the "dark side" finally!
P4140002.JPG
P4050005.JPG
P4050006.JPG

I just sprayed coffee all over my screen. That is so freekin funny. Love the 2 x 4 supports up front. LOL

I wonder if Eshan can make us up some 2x4s like that?

Looks like a GREAT score Paul. Gonna turbo it? Got any more pics of the wiring harness in it? Looks like a BJ-60 harness set into the 45?

Dan

The hood bird is a nice touch.

That truck looks like it's in pretty darn good shape. I wish I could find a rear bumper like that for mine.

I wonder if Eshan can make us up some 2x4s like that?

Looks like a GREAT score Paul. Gonna turbo it? Got any more pics of the wiring harness in it? Looks like a BJ-60 harness set into the 45?

Dan

The hood bird is a nice touch.

Dan you're correct, the PO has the engine harness from the BJ mixed in with the original. I think I'll get it running first before I decide what to do with it. He destroyed the dash, it has the 60 guage cluster in the 45 dash currently.
When are you coming by for a visit?

Rhino, Not sure what the bird is off of, mid 50's something?

Paul

Paul, these 3b's run by themselves,power supply for the glow plugs and fuel and your golden.I am running mine right now with the edic and relays disconnected,just a wilson switch,and clean fuel supply,I hate clutter,break out the dykes and go to town...

Dan you're correct, the PO has the engine harness from the BJ mixed in with the original. I think I'll get it running first before I decide what to do with it. He destroyed the dash, it has the 60 guage cluster in the 45 dash currently.
When are you coming by for a visit?

Rhino, Not sure what the bird is off of, mid 50's something?

Paul

Working on it. I'm hoping to take Dad's 40 up there for a "shakedown" road trip towards the end of the summer.

That's the nice thing about a 3B: disconnect the EDIC arm, and I bet you can get it to start. If it's warm out I bet you don't even need glow plugs to be operating. Of course, wiring up the EDIC system means you've got to have one (I bet you do--and it's not that complicated), but you can always just remove the EDIC motor and use a choke cable to shut it off.

Is it really as rust free as the pictures make it seem?

Dan

Working on it. I'm hoping to take Dad's 40 up there for a "shakedown" road trip towards the end of the summer.

That's the nice thing about a 3B: disconnect the EDIC arm, and I bet you can get it to start. If it's warm out I bet you don't even need glow plugs to be operating. Of course, wiring up the EDIC system means you've got to have one (I bet you do--and it's not that complicated), but you can always just remove the EDIC motor and use a choke cable to shut it off.

Is it really as rust free as the pictures make it seem?

Dan

Dan, Yes it is pretty rust free, unfortunatly the rear wheel wells got cut.:mad::mad:

I do have the edic, but it's in a box, the PO rigged up a bike brake cable to shut it off. pics tomorrow

Paul

I think this rig was originally sold at Milos Toyota sales in Casper WY, then it ended up in Butte MT and sold at Subaru of Butte to the last PO's dad. He remembers as a kid using it to go to a cabin in the woods.

Here's a pic of last years and this years purchases.
also a pic of the bike cable shutoff and the butchered dash.
P4180001.JPG
P4180010.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom