MAnual transmission from australia (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
HI does any body have any idea how much will cost me the shipping to bring a 5 speed manual tranmsission from Australia., or any shipping company that you guys can recomend me . Thanks in advance.....

Not sure what it would cost from Australia, but South America is closer and they have manual trans, you might be able to save a buck on shipping. Just an idea.

Not to hijack your thread but I am sure this will come up anyway. How do you overcome the ignition and starter when it's expecting an auto transmission to be in Park before you can crank or remove the key?

Be aware of the early 80 series boxes which have syncro problems. Try and get a later model one. If possible get a late model box. they ran up into the 100 series aswell, early 100 series had the 1fz

Not sure what it would cost from Australia, but South America is closer and they have manual trans, you might be able to save a buck on shipping. Just an idea.
Canada's even closer. Aren't manual 80s common there?

Panamá it's closer than australia and we have plenty of manual 80 .. ;)

Nope! Not unless you have imported the 80 from another part of the world where that had manual transmissions.

Nope! Not unless you have imported the 80 from another part of the world where that had manual transmissions.

Yeah, but at least there are some. I thought it was much easier to import a non-NA 80 into Canada, than the US due to emmissions laws. Finding a manual 80 in the US is very rare. Used parts come from where they have the vehicles and Canada is the closest neighbor that has some manual 80s. Or maybe Mexico if OP is in TX, NM, AZ or CA. At least that was my logic.

There were no manual 80s offered in Canada. The only manual 80s would be JDM imports - usually with the diesel engine. If you could find a manual 80 in Canada, you'd probably have to "off" the owner to get your hands on the transmission.

As for importation info: Canada allows used vehicles to be imported from other countries as long as the vehicle is at least 15 years old. For the US, the vehicles must be at least 25 years old. I believe the 80 series was introduced in the rest of the world in 1990 (maybe 1989). Therefore, you'd have to wait another 5 years before you can import one into the US. But by that time, us Canucks would have already snapped up all the good ones.

And no, you may not have mine.

Also, if you're doing any highway driving, the H151F manual is set up more for Japanese highways where the speed limits are typically 80 km/h (~50 mph). I can still cruise at 110km/h (even pulling a 2500lb trailer), but the gearing is not optimized for our roads. I'd love to replace 5th gear with a better ratio.

Also, if you're doing any highway driving, the H151F manual is set up more for Japanese highways where the speed limits are typically 80 km/h (~50 mph). I can still cruise at 110km/h (even pulling a 2500lb trailer), but the gearing is not optimized for our roads. I'd love to replace 5th gear with a better ratio.

That is easy, rubber overdrive, simply install 37" tires!:hillbilly:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom