Help with Wide Band O2 sensor (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I need help with a wide band O2 sensor

My S/C FZJ80 has just ONE O2 sensor before the catalytic converters (It doesn't have the 2nd O2 sensor that goes after the Cat converters)

So I wanted to get a Wide Band O2 sensor but I don't know which one to get. If I get that new sensor where should I put it? Should I replace the stock for the new one?

Is there's any plug and play kit?

I will be forced to get a OBDII?

Thanks you guys

the wide band sensor gets mounted into the exhaust system as an additional unit. It doesn't get integrated into the truck's ECU and is used to verify the AFR of how the engine is running. I have the Innovate LM-1 which is a hand held unit. You can also get them so they are a permanent mounted gauge for you to watch all the time.

I also have an OBDII reader that allows me to see the different sensors in the system and what is going on there.

To add to the above, you'll need to have an additional O2 sensor bung welded into your exhaust BEFORE the cat conv. If you choose to remove the sensor after checking things out, you can get an O2 sensor bung to plug the hole. You can't leave the sensor in without the rest of the system hooked up, as it is a heated sensor, and without power it will foul, and ruin the sensor.

Wow, I thought that the Wide Band O2 sensor was to replace the OEM sensor and for the ECU to get better readings. Didn't think that it's for me to see what's really going on with the engine

Thank you very much guys

Wow, I thought that the Wide Band O2 sensor was to replace the OEM sensor and for the ECU to get better readings. Didn't think that it's for me to see what's really going on with the engine

Thank you very much guys

Go to the Innovate website and you can learn everything you ever wanted to know about wide band. Great products.

Some say that it provides as well "an analog signal to the ecm". So you can replace it with a wideband, and send the other signal to the ecm...

Some say that it provides as well "an analog signal to the ecm". So you can replace it with a wideband, and send the other signal to the ecm...

Yes, the LM-1 can do this.

Yes, the LM-1 can do this.

That's great to know. What are the benefit's of this?

The performance of the engine it's going to be better? I sent an email to the people from Innovate and the told that their Wide Band O2 sensor is not for replacing the stock sensor

I think the wideband signal is digital, and the narrow is analog. The signal from the wideband controller "analog" to the ecm can be "tuned" to make the ecm inject more fuel, based on the widebands "digital" readings. Kinda like an AFC. Don't quote me on this though... I'm trying to remember the unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom