Aftermarket audio sound distribution (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am left with no choice but to get an aftermarket headunit after my cassette tape deck went out. I did fine with out the cd deck working.

I want to know if i get an aftermarket unit and of course bypass the factory amp would the sound distribution be the same. I know more bass goes toward the front doors and the shyyyiiittttyyy sub in the back which i yanked out when i got my speakers changed. Will it be the same when i put in my aftermarket unit? I just want to know before i take the next step. Thanks.

I am left with no choice but to get an aftermarket headunit after my cassette tape deck went out. I did fine with out the cd deck working.

I want to know if i get an aftermarket unit and of course bypass the factory amp would the sound distribution be the same. I know more bass goes toward the front doors and the shyyyiiittttyyy sub in the back which i yanked out when i got my speakers changed. Will it be the same when i put in my aftermarket unit? I just want to know before i take the next step. Thanks.

That is really dependent on the speakers you have in front and rear. Did you stick with the factory sizes, or did you use the same size in the front and rear? If you used 4" speakers in the rear, then you will still have the same problem. Typically, most after-market stereos send the same amount of power to all four speakers and the size/specs of the speakers that are delivering the sound will determine the end result.

One way is to use active or passive crossovers that allow you to filter the various frequencies to achieve the amount of bass/treble you desire to each speaker.

Another way to circumvent this problem is to use two separate amps and control the amount of bass that goes into the front and rear separately. I have 6-1/2" in all four doors and I don't have any problems with sound distribution - I do have crossovers at each speaker as well as the option to use the active crossovers in the after-market amps.

That is really dependent on the speakers you have in front and rear. Did you stick with the factory sizes, or did you use the same size in the front and rear? If you used 4" speakers in the rear, then you will still have the same problem. Typically, most after-market stereos send the same amount of power to all four speakers and the size/specs of the speakers that are delivering the sound will determine the end result.

One way is to use active or passive crossovers that allow you to filter the various frequencies to achieve the amount of bass/treble you desire to each speaker.

Another way to circumvent this problem is to use two separate amps and control the amount of bass that goes into the front and rear separately. I have 6-1/2" in all four doors and I don't have any problems with sound distribution - I do have crossovers at each speaker as well as the option to use the active crossovers in the after-market amps.

Thanks. I know exactly what headunit to get then. I did stick to the factory sizes. Small world. I see you are from jackson. I'm from clinton. I'm going to school at ole miss.

Thanks. I know exactly what headunit to get then. I did stick to the factory sizes. Small world. I see you are from jackson. I'm from clinton. I'm going to school at ole miss.

Well if I had known that then I would not have responded - I went to State (Just kidding). You ought to swing by when you get a chance and I can show you my system and give you any pointers if you wish.

I installed all new wiring for my system and about to install some goodies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom