Has anyone done this mod on a 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I got this from the 80 section and I like the idea. I was wondering if it has been done for the 100 already. if so, could you share the measurements, pics... Thanks

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/167864-more-cargo-room.html

Hlf5.jpg

Last edited:
That would screw with my plans for the aux tank. Plus I have a visceral aversion to cutting a hole in my truck. Lastly, between the roof rack, hitch haul, and the under utilized advice of packing light, I don't think I really need it.

Man, that is pretty ingenious. I really like the idea.
Pegasis, just carry more jerry cans, you got the new rack...

Pegasis, just carry more jerry cans, you got the new rack...

Maybe, but you have to admit jerry cans don't have the coolness factor of 70 gallons of fuel on board. At 65 mph and a measly 13 mpg, I could drive 14 straight hours without stopping!

Of course, I will need adult diapers and/or some type of catheter device; but I am close to already needing these things anyways :eek:

Maybe, but you have to admit jerry cans don't have the coolness factor of 70 gallons of fuel on board. At 65 mph and a measly 13 mpg, I could drive 14 straight hours without stopping!

Of course, I will need adult diapers and/or some type of catheter device; but I am close to already needing these things anyways :eek:

Cool and efficiency factor yes, but jerry cans 'look' cooler since they're readily visible.

I think drawers would give you better and more useful storage.

I think a set of half length drawers would be sweet, providing storage inside the hatch, inside the drawers (simple small drawers for tools and tow ropes) and storage ontop :idea:

Filll it with ice and some beers and you would be the favorite among tailgaters!

But now that's it's on the internet the Custom's Agents will find it every time.

One issue with this mod is that you have to unpack everything to get to whatever you put in there. Think of the people on the side of the road with 30 feet of items strewn along the shoulder to get to their spare. The plus of course is the stuff is dry and clean.

One issue with this mod is that you have to unpack everything to get to whatever you put in there. Think of the people on the side of the road with 30 feet of items strewn along the shoulder to get to their spare. The plus of course is the stuff is dry and clean.

I carry earthquake emergency supplies with me a lot of the time, but it takes space. This mod would be the perfect solution for me. I'll keep my spare tire tools on top ;)

It's a little behind the rear axle, but I'm wondering whether this would be a better location than under the hood for the 2nd battery?

cool, but is it not easier to stick a box of some sort under the floor where the spare used to be?

cool, but is it not easier to stick a box of some sort under the floor where the spare used to be?

To install - yes

To access - no

To install - yes

To access - no

that is true indeed, especially if you're stuck in mud etc.
Hidden underneath is a good place to stash valuables of course, but then the OP design would do well too if covered by carpet etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom